GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My GTI vs Fiesta ST

gicastillo_MK7

Passed Driver's Ed
We were kind of following each other for a bit and finally got a chance at a stop light. Not sure what the ST had but I'm on a cobb stage 1 ots. We got 3 different lights and each time they would get me off the line and I'd basically sit there spinning the tires but as soon as I got into second I'd reel him in and half way through second I'd have him by almost a full length and would never see them till the next light. Was surprised by the launch of the ST and also how short their first gear is. If I had to guess they were stock.

patric-beard

Passed Driver's Ed
They are quick raced a fbo one when I was stage 1+ And he kept up till about 70

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

gicastillo_MK7

Passed Driver's Ed
Oh yea they are quick and for what they cost its a great package. A friend wanted me to purchase one before I got my gti since he had a focus st he was pushing me to get one of the 2 st but I couldn't bring myself to buying a ford, I've had too many bad experiences with them.

airjor13

Ready to race!
I had a FiST with an GT2560R. From a roll from 40-100ish, there was nothing between the FiST and a B8.5 S4 APR Stage 2, intake and CBE. The FiST is a great little car, and can take tons of abuse.

Zx2man

Ready to race!
I almost got a Fist. light nimble and the 1.6 is fairly stout lil motor. As long as one understand what it is, then its a awesome car. If your looking for luxury and refined interior, not so much. A fun quick take abuse holigan street legal go cart? Yes.

RARELY hear anyone regardless if your a sti-stang-evo-gti owmer talk crap about that car. In a perfect world we would all have 1 in our driveway.

.... each time they would get me off the line and I'd basically sit there spinning the tires ....
Was surprised by the launch of the ST and also how short their first gear is. If I had to guess they were stock.
You obviously need better tires.

;)

DSMconvert1

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE PP
I owned one with the MP215 tune, great car for the money. To bad the Ford doesn't want to honor their bumper to bumper warranty or I would still own that car.

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Tires for sure, stock a/s really don't cut it for any spirited driving. I took mine off at only 1k miles and swapped to summers, felt like a new car, difference was that big.

ezshift5

Where on this site are user reports of mpg for the 1.8 golf manual shift to be found?

ez (looking for TDI replacement prior of end-of-buyback late 2018)