GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Billet Aluminum Boost Tap - Boomba Racing

madelinot

Ready to race!
I've had this tap in my manifold for several months now. No issue whatsoever. I have it connected to the P3 sensor and gauge. Running on Stage 1.5, I see up to 24 psi of boost.

bluekid99

Drag Race Newbie
I've had this tap in my manifold for several months now. No issue whatsoever. I have it connected to the P3 sensor and gauge. Running on Stage 1.5, I see up to 24 psi of boost.

Im gonna be running a mechanical boost gauge so we shall see if this is accurate...gonna probably order and see what happens

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
so after reading some threads on the boost tap problem. Compared to say nuespeeds or USP what makes this sandwhich style tap better? It seems the biggest issue people had was heat soak.

I honestly don't want to have a permanent install unless i can't avoid it. Just looking for some assurance.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Ready to race!
so after reading some threads on the boost tap problem. Compared to say nuespeeds or USP what makes this sandwhich style tap better? It seems the biggest issue people had was heat soak.

I honestly don't want to have a permanent install unless i can't avoid it. Just looking for some assurance.

I had slight knock with the MAF spacer from
USP, no issues with the ECS/APR manifold tap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
I had slight knock with the MAF spacer from
USP, no issues with the ECS/APR manifold tap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you also try the boomba one? I think its implied that their design is different and negates the issues found by previous compaines. Right now the ECS one is a viable option due to its price + design. The boomba just looks waaay better tho.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
I'd like to pick this up for water/meth kit. I've read heatsoak issues is typical for a sandwich type boost tap but wondering if these are working well for those that have them?