GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI APR Stage 1 vs Cadillac ATS 2.0T

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
Was on my way to a client this morning and saw a customized Cadillac ATS 2.0T. Lowered, wheels, blacked out windows and some wrap on the hood/roof. The car was white with black wrap and rims. It actually didn't look bad at all.

She, yes, she (I saw her hand out the window when we hit stop and go traffic and her long white fingernails) saw an opening in traffic and took off. I followed and hit it pretty hard. Yes, I was able to catch her up pretty quickly and pass her, but I can tell you, this car was at least tuned.
It wasn't a complete white wash as I would have expected. I had run a stock WRX and just pulled so hard so quickly it wasn't even close.
There's no doubt, I was able to pull really well on her, but this car just seemed to run much better than what it's "supposed" to run.
We ended up doing multiple runs from 80 - 120MPH and I even hit 140MPH one time before traffic came up. Then she started to drive like a douche through traffic and I just slowed down.

I did some digging. Yes, they have a stage 2 kit with a tune, dp and intake for $1200, which pushes it to 320HP and 350TQ. That could be the case as I was still able to pull. A Stage 3 (core for a revised turbo) makes 350HP and 400TQ for $1750 with a catted downpipe.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Unfortunately they were plagued with piston issues (GM 2.0T) and the car itself is ridiculously heavy. Even if they made similar power, it wouldn't be close.

Axles of Evil

Ready to race!
Unfortunately they were plagued with piston issues (GM 2.0T) and the car itself is ridiculously heavy. Even if they made similar power, it wouldn't be close.

As a previous Cad ATS 2.0T owner, I have never heard of such a problem, and the engine in that car was awesome. I always thought that the engine was the best part of the car. Not to mention, it was fast as all hell and very smooth with it. Unless this piston issue is something recent, I never had problem 1 with mine in three years and 28,000 miles.

The other issues is that car was actually kinda small. It became apparent after spending time on other cars, that the ATS...was small. Too small in fact.

Good vehicle all the same.

Ramon64124

Drag Racing Champion
I have a 2016 Regal with the same engine. they are quick, but by no means fast. they are heavy and the throttle lag is really bad. they do the a tune by Trifecta which adds about 90HP on 93. i still think a stock MK7 would beat it. Just too heavy.

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
I understand that the ATS is "heavy" when you compare it to the GTI (mine should be a little under 3,000lbs., but when you look at other cars in it's class, it's not heavy at all. They list it at 3,461lbs. A new BMW M2 weighs 3,450lbs.

Like I said, these were rolls from 75mph +. Nothing from a slower speed. The IS20 runs out of lungs at the top end. The mid-range punch is pretty awesome, but revving the car over 6K leaves a little bit on the table.
Hence, I'm going IS38 in the near future :D

digilio86

Ready to race!
I understand that the ATS is "heavy" when you compare it to the GTI (mine should be a little under 3,000lbs., but when you look at other cars in it's class, it's not heavy at all. They list it at 3,461lbs. A new BMW M2 weighs 3,450lbs.

Like I said, these were rolls from 75mph +. Nothing from a slower speed. The IS20 runs out of lungs at the top end. The mid-range punch is pretty awesome, but revving the car over 6K leaves a little bit on the table.

Hence, I'm going IS38 in the near future :D

The 2.0 ats isn't in the m2's class but the ats-v is comparable. It's curb weight is 3800 lbs, nearly 400 lbs more than the m2.
Is38 is worth every penny especially in your sub 3000lb car. You have a 3 door ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk