GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R Towed

wilsonj

Ready to race!
New Golf R DSG

Was towed this past Friday night.

Picked up Saturday morning - no damaged or marks of any kind.

I have never had a car towed before - was wondering if anyone could speak on if there is anything else I should be worried about with this car?

Mainly need some positive words so that I stop freaking out lol

Thank you!

Droopy1

Passed Driver's Ed
Flat bed or front lifted off of the ground? Many people put stickers on their car so towers know they need a flatbed for certain kinds of AWD. Haldex can only be towed 25-40 miles or less at a grandma pace if not on a flatbed, unless haldex V has a feature for towing that I'm not aware of.

wilsonj

Ready to race!
Flat bed or front lifted off of the ground? Many people put stickers on their car so towers know they need a flatbed for certain kinds of AWD. Haldex can only be towed 25-40 miles or less at a grandma pace if not on a flatbed, unless haldex V has a feature for towing that I'm not aware of.

99% sure flatbed. I was in the lot that night after they had towed mine and they had come back to get another car and it was a flatbed.

Say that it wasn't - would there be any way to tell that it messed up your Haldex system?

Rafal

Ready to race!
New Golf R DSG

Was towed this past Friday night.

Picked up Saturday morning - no damaged or marks of any kind.

I have never had a car towed before - was wondering if anyone could speak on if there is anything else I should be worried about with this car?

Mainly need some positive words so that I stop freaking out lol

Thank you!

Mine was towed or rather dragged by lifting front wheels with rear wheels locked.
They dragged it 1/4 mile and I got two square tires, which needed replacing.
No other damage.