GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Unofficial E85 Ethanol Thread

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
I didn't want to blend too much so I ended up with 1.2 gallons at the pump. Raced a bone stock stingray corvette from 60-120 and it was practically a tie race, but I was at least half a car ahead. I also smoked a M235i by bus lengths from a 60-130 run and the guy followed my exit to ask what was done to my car and loved it.

miked617

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
21 VW GTI
I didn't want to blend too much so I ended up with 1.2 gallons at the pump. Raced a bone stock stingray corvette from 60-120 and it was practically a tie race, but I was at least half a car ahead. I also smoked a M235i by bus lengths from a 60-130 run and the guy followed my exit to ask what was done to my car and loved it.
What mods do you have Jb4?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Zx2man

Ready to race!
Mods are listed in his signature ^^

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Click on name and it shows mods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
Understood, my bad.
Thank you.

Mods: IS38 turbo, Eurodyne ECU tune, Eurodyne DSG tune, Wagner Intercooler, Cooling-Mist water methanol injection, APR 3" down-pipe (catless), APR full intake, CTS turbo inlet pipe, Spulen boost pipes with turbo muffler delete, ECS Tuning pendulum mount with CTS dog bone insert.

rscott4563

Ready to race!
Click on name and it shows mods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It doesn't show the Sig in full so you never get all the info.

I'll use MK7GTI as an example:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Crud_muffin

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e-Golf
Hey guys, I thought that I would make a thread to talk about gods nectar I.E E85.
Thank you, Thank you!

As much as I disagree with some of the things APR has done in the past, I gotta say they do their homework. If their kit comes out and doesn't replace the seals than we know the stock ones are up to the task.
Now that it's out, is it just ROW parts and a bigger fuel pump they added? We're not talking seals, etc., right? It seems the stock setup is good for long-term moderate E-mixes.

Oh, and about the "effects of too much 85" write-up, is there a definite way for us to know that a lean condition isn't there, let's say, in the logs? What do we look for?

Thanks everyone!

Last edited:

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
I have run up to 33% e85 summer blend on top 93 pump. Car runs great on it. Stock ecu with piggyback and catless dp. Cheaper than Octanium for 101.

Ricked_Em

Go Kart Champion
Thank you, Thank you!

Now that it's out, is it just ROW parts and a bigger fuel pump they added? We're not talking seals, etc., right? It seems the stock setup is good for long-term moderate E-mixes.

Oh, and about the "effects of too much 85" write-up, is there a definite way for us to know that a lean condition isn't there, let's say, in the logs? What do we look for?

Thanks everyone!
I got a "lean off idle" when I went like e80 a few months ago. Ran perfect and no codes at e50 though.

Luvs2speed

Ready to race!
Do we know if APR is still planning on dropping tunes for flex fuel? This kit looks great, but I am sure a lot more people would be interested if it was paired with flex fuel tunes. I know I would be.

I have been running E30 and even that is noticeable without specific tuning. I would be really interested to see what the is20 and is38 can pump out on full e85.