GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Apr stage 2

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Stage 2 is less for more peak power than it is for "more power" along the whole rev band. More down low, but more specifically more up top.

It also gets you better highway gas mileage, and if you have the restraint to stay off boost, better around town mileage

njkymk7GTI

Ready to race!
For the GTI, what is the boost supposed to be? I just installed the new and latest and greatest boost tap from APR and it seems to be reading a lot more accurate then the old style one. I am holding 25 pounds solid at WOT. Is this right? Has APR said what the boost is supposed to be on there stage 2 tune for GTI's?

Nyulak

Ready to race!
Maybe ask the GTI group, but my TSI peaks at 22.9 psi per the P3 gauge I have connected to the OBD2 port. I do have the APR boost tap kit, but I haven't gotten around to installing it to see if it aligns with what is reported by the ECU.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
For the GTI, what is the boost supposed to be? I just installed the new and latest and greatest boost tap from APR and it seems to be reading a lot more accurate then the old style one. I am holding 25 pounds solid at WOT. Is this right? Has APR said what the boost is supposed to be on there stage 2 tune for GTI's?

Yeah, definitely wrong group. My JB4 hits 22.4 in third gear. Not on a gauge but on a data log. I would think that the gti with the IS20 should be 25 no problem