GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Plus Coming to Canada!

slipperywhenwet

Go Kart Newbie
I was talking to one of the service advisers at South Center VW today, while getting some rattles taken care of, and we got talking about tunes.

He told me that their manager is looking at offering the APR Plus tune, which would make their shop the first in Canada to do so. Right now, they're trying to gauge feasibility and interest. From my perspective, it would be nice to be able to keep the warranty and still get a bit of a power boost, so I told him that I would spread the word.

If you want South Center to bring APR Plus in, e-mail Sean, the service manager, and let him know that you're interested. seanc@southcentervw.com

slipperywhenwet

Go Kart Newbie
LOL..... why the hell would you want that POS.

Like I said in my post, for me, it would be nice to be able to keep the warranty and still get a bit of a power boost. I know that it's not going to be the full output of an APR tune, but it'll be nice during the warranty period.

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
Like I said in my post, for me, it would be nice to be able to keep the warranty and still get a bit of a power boost. I know that it's not going to be the full output of an APR tune, but it'll be nice during the warranty period.

You know the current cost in the US is around $2400 based on financing rates. With conversion that amounts to $3200 CAD?

For that amount of money you could do ALOT. The warranty is also third party warranty and not from VW etc. Read the fine print on the third party warranty as it is quite the joke.

If you want to keep your warranty and want more power just get the JB4.

To each their own, but if this make sense for you go for it.

However, IMO i'm just going to call it out and say this is a terrible investment from a financial and value proposition.

Last edited:

codespyder

Ready to race!
I wonder if the people getting this actually compare the power increase to that of a Stage 1 tune. Calling APR Plus a moneygrab is an insult to moneygrabs

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
3400 cad for 20WHP sounds like a crazy good deal to me and I get to give up my factory VW warranty!!!

slipperywhenwet

Go Kart Newbie
You know the current cost in the US is around $2400 based on financing rates. With conversion that amounts to $3200 CAD?

For that amount of money you could do ALOT. The warranty is also third party warranty and not from VW etc. Read the fine print on the third party warranty as it is quite the joke.

If you want to keep your warranty and want more power just get the JB4.

To each their own, but if this make sense for you go for it.

However, IMO i'm just going to call it out and say this is a terrible investment from a financial and value proposition.

I agree completely that, if the APR Plus is in the ~$3000 range, then it is not worth the price. At that cost, I would do an APR tune and set aside some money for potential failures.

Regarding the warranty, yes, I read that it's 3rd party, but, 3rd party is better than none at all. Also, if it's offered by the dealer/APR and backed by them, then it'll be easier to deal with than on your own.

As for JB4, I agree that it's a nice spike in power, but, the way that it delivers that power isn't what I'm looking for. For me, I would prefer a full tune, over a module that just manipulates boost. Don't get me wrong, the JB4 is a sweet piece of kit, but, I'm looking for something a bit different.

I still stand by my initial post. It never hurts to tell South Center VW to bring it in. It never hurts to have more options than fewer, and hell, it'll help APR out too.

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
I agree completely that, if the APR Plus is in the ~$3000 range, then it is not worth the price. At that cost, I would do an APR tune and set aside some money for potential failures.

Regarding the warranty, yes, I read that it's 3rd party, but, 3rd party is better than none at all. Also, if it's offered by the dealer/APR and backed by them, then it'll be easier to deal with than on your own.

As for JB4, I agree that it's a nice spike in power, but, the way that it delivers that power isn't what I'm looking for. For me, I would prefer a full tune, over a module that just manipulates boost. Don't get me wrong, the JB4 is a sweet piece of kit, but, I'm looking for something a bit different.

I still stand by my initial post. It never hurts to tell South Center VW to bring it in. It never hurts to have more options than fewer, and hell, it'll help APR out too.

You do understand you aren't getting a "full tune" right? You are getting 1/4 of stage 1 and 1/3 of the a JB4. I had both the JB4 and currently a "full tune". And the JB4 will shit on anything but a stage 2 true tune. Not some crappy "tune" to trick ignorant people.

The warranty has nothing to do with the dealer or APR it is simply a third party insurance company, that is all.

By supporting this product you are helping APR sell an inferior product with a inferior warranty to ignorant people at a ridiculous price. There are better options and this will be used to pretty trick new car buyers who are none the wiser.

slipperywhenwet

Go Kart Newbie
You do understand you aren't getting a "full tune" right? You are getting 1/4 of stage 1 and 1/3 of the a JB4. I had both the JB4 and currently a "full tune". And the JB4 will shit on anything but a stage 2 true tune. Not some crappy "tune" to trick ignorant people.

The warranty has nothing to do with the dealer or APR it is simply a third party insurance company, that is all.

By supporting this product you are helping APR sell an inferior product with a inferior warranty to ignorant people at a ridiculous price. There are better options and this will be used to pretty trick new car buyers who are none the wiser.

Holy fuck man, you just hate you some APR Plus tune, don't you?

No one out there thinks that the Plus tune is a full tune, and I definitely wasn't saying that. Some people are ok with the way that a JB4 creates power, and some people want something that delivers it differently.

As for the warranty, you bring a car in with issues, you inform your dealer of the APR Plus tune, your dealer forwards the issues to APR, who handle the warranty, and the interaction with the provider. This is STILL better than NO warranty at all.

If you don't like the APR Plus tune, that's fine, don't get it. But limiting our options as owners is stupid. If the APR Plus gets popular, then maybe other manufactures will get on the bandwagon. Then, maybe they will start upping the output, while keeping the warranty. I can't see the future, so I don't know for certain, but I sure as fuck won't find out by ridiculing people who are expressing interest in it.

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
I don't hate APR plus. I hate the fact that APR is selling an inferior product to the general public who are less informed as Forums go-ers for a ridiculous price.

I did not ridicule anyone who likes it. I ridicule the product itself. The whole claim of maybe this will happen if we do this is a ignorant approach to obtaining something.

In terms of the warranty you do understand ANY hardware modifications like an intake will void that right? Catback, warranty gone. BOV, gone, aftermarket colder spark plugs, gone. Read the fine print, like I said.

Please by all means purchase the product if you'd like. I'm sure you will be happy with it. But for those who have a general understanding of the aternative products out there, there are in fact better options and lesser prices that maintain warranties (if you know what you are doing) JB4 and even Dinan has a warranty.

In terms of "power delivery" how do you even know the APR plus does it better than NPM, JB4 or the Dinan? Is this speculation or coming from experience. I've have both a piggyback and a real tune so I speak from experience which is far better than what APR Plus provides.

Again, at the end of the day do what makes sense to you. But please make a decision that is educated. I am by no means telling people to "limit" their options.

I am merely informing people to weed out the utter crap that is out there and APR Plus, for me, is part of the crap list. APR full tune? Amazing, go get it if you can bare no warranty.

My 2 very opinionated and biased 2 cents.

Holy fuck man, you just hate you some APR Plus tune, don't you?

No one out there thinks that the Plus tune is a full tune, and I definitely wasn't saying that. Some people are ok with the way that a JB4 creates power, and some people want something that delivers it differently.

As for the warranty, you bring a car in with issues, you inform your dealer of the APR Plus tune, your dealer forwards the issues to APR, who handle the warranty, and the interaction with the provider. This is STILL better than NO warranty at all.

If you don't like the APR Plus tune, that's fine, don't get it. But limiting our options as owners is stupid. If the APR Plus gets popular, then maybe other manufactures will get on the bandwagon. Then, maybe they will start upping the output, while keeping the warranty. I can't see the future, so I don't know for certain, but I sure as fuck won't find out by ridiculing people who are expressing interest in it.

Last edited: