GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Put her summer shoes back on. Sorry for the shitty ISO on my cell phone.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
And the high speed wobble is back. Looks like I just got lucky last time they got balanced with the plastic hub rings. Guess I'll be picking up some metal hubcentric rings and anti-seize.

Should I be using a brass or stainless steel wire brush on the hubs?

BFI Rings any good?

Last edited:

mk717

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 A3 Quattro
Put the new wheels/tires on. (technically yesterday)

Konig Rennform 18x8 et45
Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 A/S 225/40.

Will eventually do a summer/winter setup. But right now I don't have a place to properly store a second set of wheels and tires. The Nogaros are going on my wife's 2008 rabbit barring any fitment issues. The steelies from her car might get sold, not sure yet. Worst case ill just throw them in the shed.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Mr. Abulia

Wheeeeeeeee!
Car(s)
2007 CW GTI

Konig Rennform 18x8 et45

Will eventually do a summer/winter setup. But right now I don't have a place to properly store a second set of wheels and tires. The Nogaros are going on my wife's 2008 rabbit barring any fitment issues. The steelies from her car might get sold, not sure yet. Worst case ill just throw them in the shed.

Looks good! But what you really want to do with the Nogaros is sell them to me for a reasonable price ;)

mk717

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 A3 Quattro
Looks good! But what you really want to do with the Nogaros is sell them to me for a reasonable price ;)
Haha. I'll keep that in mind.

nate704

Go Kart Champion
And the high speed wobble is back. Looks like I just got lucky last time they got balanced with the plastic hub rings. Guess I'll be picking up some metal hubcentric rings and anti-seize.

Should I be using a brass or stainless steel wire brush on the hubs?

BFI Rings any good?

Wheel/tire balance should be done without any hub rings attached to the wheel. Whoever do your balance, switch your shop.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Wheel/tire balance should be done without any hub rings attached to the wheel. Whoever do your balance, switch your shop.

Wheels are balanced, and were balanced without rings. The issue is that the plastic rings from Tirerack must not be centering the wheels just right. In the fall when I got my wheels, they were perfectly balanced on the third try, but there is some randomness to mounting with these rings that causes wobble.

mk717

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 A3 Quattro
No. He's gonna switch back to the Nogaros and then sell me those Rennforms for a pittance. Lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
So many tempting offers...what to do? Lol.

nype

Drag Racing Champion

Konig Rennform 18x8 et45

Looks great. [emoji1303]

Wondering why you didn’t go 235 tires on those 8” wide rims?

mk717

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 A3 Quattro
Looks great. [emoji1303]

Wondering why you didn’t go 235 tires on those 8” wide rims?
Thanks.

Because I'm a noob and still learning about these things. So since I didn't know any better back in November (when I bought them) I just went with same size as stock.

jtitocci

Ready to race!

Konig Rennform 18x8 et45

Looks awesome - I have a set on my MK7 - CSG, and they blend in, I like the Contrast on your White.

I will warn you though, I hit a pot hole in PA, which bent one of my Rennforms. No blown tire, or even leaking tire, but bent right between the spokes. I have a new one ready to be installed once summer gets here.