GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NY to Florida and Back

erikweber321

Ready to race!
Non stop 95 all the way for Vacation....wasn't even that bad. The comfortability of this car has me falling in love again every day 8)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

miked617

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
21 VW GTI
What part of Florida did you visit and what was your gas mileage like?

tknj99

Ready to race!
Not that far but did 200 RT the other day and averaged 35mpg.. I think would have gotten more driving conservatively and not going over 70mph

erikweber321

Ready to race!
I had a bad O2 sensor and plugs were wayyyyy over due. On the way down I got 27 mpg, but u was absolutely flying with traffic. Then I fixed it and did the same on the way back and got 29, which is really good

dv27

Nice! I'm about to do Augusta, GA --> Orlando, FL --> D.C. --> NYC --> Augusta, GA. Should be a good time.

nofuiyo

Passed Driver's Ed
I am about to do NC --> FL next month and NC --> Toronto, ON in June ... did NC to Atlanta 2 weeks ago and averaged 34mpg doing 80-90mph in Golf Wolfsburg... super comfortable for long trips.. my upcoming 2 trips i am sure my gas mileage will go down because i will have a Thule cargo box on roof racks and that cuts into your mileage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

erikweber321

Ready to race!
Oh I should also say I made the trip on winter tires. So... Winter tires, old plugs, no upstream O2 sensor and at high speed, still like 29 mpg. Pretty damn great imo

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Oh I should also say I made the trip on winter tires. So... Winter tires, old plugs, no upstream O2 sensor and at high speed, still like 29 mpg. Pretty damn great imo

No bad at all. I made that trip with Mini Cooper S, it was not bad at all despite being so small and having a stiff suspension lol.
How long did it take you? Took me 16 hours to Orlando

erikweber321

Ready to race!
NYC to Miami the second time took me 19 he's, all stops included. Impresswd the hell out myself. Plus 95 in Florida is like....the Autobahn, honestly, unless u get pulled over by aircraft and they have a good reason to, it's anything goes. Plus playing with those millionaire cars was a blast!

SpaceGhost

Ready to race!
I drove from Boston to New York and back same day a few months back. Gas mileage was great 34 and I was going 85 most of the way, seats are comfortable enough, but the road noise is pretty loud. I had to blast the radio to even hear it

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
NYC to Miami the second time took me 19 he's, all stops included. Impresswd the hell out myself. Plus 95 in Florida is like....the Autobahn, honestly, unless u get pulled over by aircraft and they have a good reason to, it's anything goes. Plus playing with those millionaire cars was a blast!

Wow that’s quick

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
I drove from Boston to New York and back same day a few months back. Gas mileage was great 34 and I was going 85 most of the way, seats are comfortable enough, but the road noise is pretty loud. I had to blast the radio to even hear it

Oh wow really? Are you using different tires because I make that trip a lot because my step daughter goes to College there, although I don’t use the 95 corridor I instead use Merritt Pkwy -91-84 and noise in just normal

SpaceGhost

Ready to race!
Oh wow really? Are you using different tires because I make that trip a lot because my step daughter goes to College there, although I don’t use the 95 corridor I instead use Merritt Pkwy -91-84 and noise in just normal

Sorry the GTI is a dead quiet luxury sedan