GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sportwagen spoiler ends

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie
Wrong he quoted 5G9 805 945 & 946 which is the estate

5G6 805 945 & 946 is the GTI/GTD/R hatch...

note the 6 designating "hatch" & not the 9 designating "estate"..

I DO make sure that the part numbers that I put in my very detailed "How to guides" ARE correct!!

My apologies - overlooked the 6 vs 9 which is huge..

there are however letter designates for the hatches and are in fact specific to certain vehicles.. And there are three versions of the fins for the hatch, only deciphered by a single letter. I was told at one point the 'E' designated the variant but I paid little mind to this as I was not looking for a variant at the time.

Thanks for clarification

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
My apologies - overlooked the 6 vs 9 which is huge..

there are however letter designates for the hatches and are in fact specific to certain vehicles.. And there are three versions of the fins for the hatch, only deciphered by a single letter. I was told at one point the 'E' designated the variant but I paid little mind to this as I was not looking for a variant at the time.

Thanks for clarification

No problems..:cool:

Slightly of topic, but the golf hatch has two different rear "hatchs" one for GTI/GTD/R which has a recess in the top part to accept the "plastic" rear spoiler.

The "plain Jane" Golf has a built in small steel spoiler/lip.

So to add "fins" requires two different designs.

Just see the "Clubsport" parts thread, a lot of people got their knickers in a twist over the fact the "Clubsport" has the "plain Jane" rear hatch but with a unique rear spoiler added, as they wanted to retro fit the Clubsport spoiler to their GTI/GTD/R & can't....!!!...unless they replace the whole rear hatch...:eek:

Also regarding VAG part numbers, the first three digits are the model designation for the car that part was first designed for. The next three locate it to a section & subsection in ETKA eg 8 = "Body".

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie

Slightly of topic, but the golf hatch has two different rear "hatchs" one for GTI/GTD/R which has a recess in the top part to accept the "plastic" rear spoiler.

Just see the "Clubsport" parts thread, a lot of people got their knickers in a twist over the fact the "Clubsport" has the "plain Jane" rear hatch but with a unique rear spoiler added, as they wanted to retro fit the Clubsport spoiler to their GTI/GTD/R & can't....!!!...unless they replace the whole rear hatch...:eek:

Also regarding VAG part numbers, the first three digits are the model designation for the car that part was first designed for. The next three locate it to a section & subsection in ETKA eg 8 = "Body".

Thanks for the info once again!!

Yeah a buddy of mine who does bodywork first told me when the MK7 came out that the rear hatch stamping was identical between the 'regular' golf and the GTI/D/R, and that the GTI/D/R spoiler was simply a top cap, undercap, and side fins added on.. I foolishly took his word for it and put my foot in my mouth before here :(

Bonus for us guys with 'regular' golfs, is if we want to do a CS tribute we already have the correct hatch lol (minus most everything else :( )

4-Miradas

The fins came in today. Our friends at e-acca.com came through. These are confirmed OEM. They were ordered from a VW warehouse in Germany.
golfdave, I will go with your advice.

I paid $83.16 USD
s&h $19.12 USD
Total $102.28 USD

sethdude

Pobody's Nerfect.
Just a follow-up: I ordered from e-acca as well, and the pieces arrived as advertised. I'll install them tomorrow and post some pics.

sethdude

Pobody's Nerfect.
http://imgur.com/a/WYXDS

http://imgur.com/a/WYXDS

Very easy install for a nice subtle, cheap mod.

Last edited:

Rick86

Passed Driver's Ed
Help!

Hi Mate,

I have a plain jane mk7 1.6tdi, i really want the rear hatch side spoilers, do you know if the parts are available or only for the estate version?

Thanks,

Rick

Rick86

Passed Driver's Ed
Help!

Thanks for the info once again!!

Yeah a buddy of mine who does bodywork first told me when the MK7 came out that the rear hatch stamping was identical between the 'regular' golf and the GTI/D/R, and that the GTI/D/R spoiler was simply a top cap, undercap, and side fins added on.. I foolishly took his word for it and put my foot in my mouth before here :(

Bonus for us guys with 'regular' golfs, is if we want to do a CS tribute we already have the correct hatch lol (minus most everything else :( )

Hi Mate,

I have a plain jane mk7 1.6tdi, i really want the rear hatch side spoilers, do you know if the parts are available or only for the estate version?

Thanks,

Rick