GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What data would you like to see in my Android Auto performance monitor?

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
Ok guys... I need some help. Who here wants to test something for me, and has some knowledge in the field of unix/linux?

I've done some more research on the exlap communication from the MIB2's, and made some comparisons between the configuration files for google automotive link/Android Auto: gal.json files on v0343 (not working) and v1187 (working):

Can you see the difference? ;-) (sorry for the big image)

I want to test if replacing the config file of someone by the working config file would lead to a working connection over exlap.

So........ who wants to join the experiment?
You have to be familiar with using a telnet console/putty and your car needs to support wifi client mode :)

mike.randall.566

Passed Driver's Ed
Awesome!!

It's sad that Google won't allow these apps, I understand video apps being banned, but this kind of app you won't watch any more and probably less than Google maps.

Hope being a dad is agreeing with you, it's a big change of life. Enjoy to the fullest

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

slow12s

Ready to race!
bad news...I went to my far right icon and your app along with CarStream are gone...according to the comments section on the CarStream site, the most recent update to android auto has removed these...any ideas?

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST

joofcorn

Ready to race!
Sadly they will probably find out and patch any workaround there is. There was a constant arms race between people having their phones rooted and bypassing googles root protection to be able to use android pay. Seemed like every two weeks, there was something else rooted users had to do to get around it.

slow12s

Ready to race!
It seems that your Android Auto has updated to version 3.0.

What you need to do is uninstall Android Auto and then download the 2.9 version and install it from the downloaded .apk file.

Download link for Android Auto 2.9: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/android-auto/android-auto-2-9-5749-release/

And in the future don't update your Android Auto app.
thanks for this, bummer that they're taking away unofficial apps, but I'm back on 2.9 and everything is working (well I can get youtube and obd2aa and the performance monitor again, but no data on the performance monitor)...Chillout, since you seem to follow the unofficial app development scene a little closer, do you know if people are still working on unofficial apps or with the release of 3.0 has that deterred some of the developers? Hoping to see more since so far I'm very impressed with the unofficial apps

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
thanks for this, bummer that they're taking away unofficial apps, but I'm back on 2.9 and everything is working (well I can get youtube and obd2aa and the performance monitor again, but no data on the performance monitor)...Chillout, since you seem to follow the unofficial app development scene a little closer, do you know if people are still working on unofficial apps or with the release of 3.0 has that deterred some of the developers? Hoping to see more since so far I'm very impressed with the unofficial apps

Well, the scene has become much much more quiet. It's pretty sad :(
But I'll continue work, as soon as I have some more time.

slow12s

Ready to race!

That's unfortunate :( hopefully we can stay on 2.9 and use the unofficial apps for a long time...glad to hear you're still working on the app, it is really great looking and I'm very hopeful that I'll be able to see those data elements move in the very near future! I check your app almost every time I go on android auto, just in case for whatever reason I get some data once like a couple of others :)

Congrats on the kid, that will be something coming up soon for the wife and myself so I totally understand if you aren't able to work on this too much right now

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
Must be hit or miss. My sideloaded pandora++ still works and I'm up to date on AA. It's not supposed to but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)

Just waiting to try out the next version Chillout to see if you managed to get any of the other channels to show on the earlier firmware's.

Obviously though (and rightly so) you have other priorities at present.

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
Must be hit or miss. My sideloaded pandora++ still works and I'm up to date on AA. It's not supposed to but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

If you sideloaded and also executed this command:
adb shell pm install -i "com.android.vending" -r <path to app>

then that's the reason it's working :D

Just waiting to try out the next version Chillout to see if you managed to get any of the other channels to show on the earlier firmware's.

Obviously though (and rightly so) you have other priorities at present.

:) If all goes well, we'll have channels like speed and such working on all cars soon. But I want to gather some data with cars in my close environment first, just to be sure it all works.