GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2016 GTI - the sensible car..

_baz

Ready to race!
That is a very tight fit.
What are the specs on those?

19x9.5 ET42 - fronts are only an 8.5J

Thinking a 225/35/19 may still tuck. I have a spare tyre that size so getting it fitted next week and testing again.

Have a few mm spare

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
I have a KSB splitter now. VERY similar to the Maxton but with more fins to attach to the bumper. I got the Gloss Black and it feels more sturdy and thicker (may just be the layers of paint)

Car is looking awesome! Could you share specifically which KSB splitter you have? I didn't see an MK7 option on their website. I'm in the U.S. so maybe they don't even ship outside the UK I don't know, but I really love the look of the Maxton, but don't want to pay that much $$$ for something everyone says breaks on them. Thanks in advance.

_baz

Ready to race!
Car is looking awesome! Could you share specifically which KSB splitter you have? I didn't see an MK7 option on their website. I'm in the U.S. so maybe they don't even ship outside the UK I don't know, but I really love the look of the Maxton, but don't want to pay that much $$$ for something everyone says breaks on them. Thanks in advance.

I can’t find it for sale on eBay UK anymore

Here are the details from my order

Pics of it on my car

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
That KSB splitter looks sick. Inexpensive too. Did you have to remove your bumper for the install? I'm not in the mood for pulling off the bumper for a while. Is it installed with tap screws or bolts? Thanks.

Nice video too. At 1:30, is that like a glitch effect done with the wheels spinning?

_baz

Ready to race!
That KSB splitter looks sick. Inexpensive too. Did you have to remove your bumper for the install? I'm not in the mood for pulling off the bumper for a while. Is it installed with tap screws or bolts? Thanks.

Nice video too. At 1:30, is that like a glitch effect done with the wheels spinning?

I fitted the splitter with the bumper still attached. I used some double sided tape we had a work to position it and then tap screws in about 8 places. It’s now nice and solid.

I think the glitch effect you see is actually just a streaming glitch. I have the full res version of the video on my Mac and the wheels don’t do that in the original !

Silkblue16

Passed Driver's Ed
Great looking build mate! Is that a steering wheel wrap or full CS steering wheel?

Got the steering wheel trimmed in alcantara with red 12 o’clock stripe Clubsport Style :

Also as you can see, I got aluminium DSG paddle extensions also

_baz

Ready to race!
Great looking build mate! Is that a steering wheel wrap or full CS steering wheel?

Thanks mate [emoji1374]

Wheel was professionally trimmed in the Clubsport style. I had bought a wrap before but my sewing skills sucked so it wasn’t great looking in the end. Decided to get one done properly at a fraction of the cost of a CS one. I got thicker material than the OEM CS one too.