GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2018 Golf R MK7.5 - US Release

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
A3 is just a tarted-up Jetta IMHO. It's an MQB-based Jetta at least, but then the "real" Jetta will soon be as well.

An A3 hatchback would be an interesting car, but we don't get 'em.

Mceric01

Ready to race!
Thank you, this is so important. Fucking Ford Explorers are like 50K now lol

In 2007/2008, I sold dodge, Chrysler’s and jeeps. You could get an srt grand Cherokee New for 45k. Now they start at 67k.

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
The Straight Pipes: 2018 VW Golf R Review - Manual vs DSG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSBLK4LCgZ4&list=FLHcOWPjU4Rn1tarSy754_jA&index=1

Thoughts?

Just put my deposit down for an 18 Indium MT. Hoping my little dealership in the middle of nowhere can get a hold of one.

Nothing we didn't know about this car or the preference with DSG vs Manual...I did think it was interesting that one of them said they were told the car can send about 90% of the torque to the rear of the car.

I know when the 2017 S3 was being reviewed it was said it had a new dynamic mode for the drivetrain that would give it more of a rear wheel bias also.

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
Nothing we didn't know about this car or the preference with DSG vs Manual...I did think it was interesting that one of them said they were told the car can send about 90% of the torque to the rear of the car.

I know when the 2017 S3 was being reviewed it was said it had a new dynamic mode for the drivetrain that would give it more of a rear wheel bias also.

If i had to guess its 90% of available torque which is the same as before, im sure it's marketing and they just rehash what they're told or what's on the spec sheet provided to them. Not like they test it haha.

I'm pretty sure (but may be wrong) that the 2018 S3 has a different haldex/transmission system than the 2018 R. I don't remember where i read that so could be wrong.

davewg

Ready to race!

CDavis7M

Passed Driver's Ed
This new digital cluster looks like a big mess of numbers and dials. Any word from ROW on whether this can be disabled?

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
This new digital cluster looks like a big mess of numbers and dials. Any word from ROW on whether this can be disabled?

The stuff inside the rpm/speed circles can be edited but you have to have something there IIRC, the middle thing changes completely. If your VW dealership has any cars with the digital dashes they're all the same-is. It's not like the Audi's where its more customizable.

Watch this video it shows you the different screens: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_4Z-oe8oqc

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
^^^
According to posts on Vortex, the Tiguan & Atlas's with the new digital cockpit have been having issues and VW is switching suppliers....leading to a shortage of the SEL Premiums