GOLFMKV

I hate Subaru owners (RANT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Not only is street racing stupid, pointless, and dangerous, it has unintended consequences that screw everyone else over in the process.

For example, the province of Ontario used to have a highway speed law that said all drivers must drive at the posted limit, or within reasonable flow of traffic. We all know this made sense, since if the majority of traffic on an empty stretch of the 401 is travelling at 120kph, the person driving 100kph presents the real danger. No one camped out in the passing lane doing the speed limit, and if someone saw you approaching from behind, they'd usually move over before you got there. I've been in packs of cars going well over the posted limit, gone right past a police car, and they didn't even blink. One Xmas night, I was headed back home from Toronto, travelling at 100MPH on a completely empty freeway, and the officer parked in the median hit me with his spotlight, noticed that I'd let off the throttle, and let me carry on my merry way, since there were no other cars for miles around.

Then, several years ago when those stupid movies made street racing seem cool, some kids in Ontario managed to get themselves killed while doing it. Shortly afterward, the provincial government got rid of their sensible speed law, and enacted a more draconian version instead. Now, driving 20kph over means several points on your license and $100s in fines, and if you go much faster than that, they have the right to confiscate your car on the spot and destroy it. So now, everyone's afraid to go much faster than 5 over, idiots clog the left lane doing exactly the speed limit, refusing to move, and it takes longer to get anywhere. This is all thanks to idiots who street race on public freeways.

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
Not only is street racing stupid, pointless, and dangerous, it has unintended consequences that screw everyone else over in the process.

For example, the province of Ontario used to have a highway speed law that said all drivers must drive at the posted limit, or within reasonable flow of traffic. We all know this made sense, since if the majority of traffic on an empty stretch of the 401 is travelling at 120kph, the person driving 100kph presents the real danger. No one camped out in the passing lane doing the speed limit, and if someone saw you approaching from behind, they'd usually move over before you got there. I've been in packs of cars going well over the posted limit, gone right past a police car, and they didn't even blink. One Xmas night, I was headed back home from Toronto, travelling at 100MPH on a completely empty freeway, and the officer parked in the median hit me with his spotlight, noticed that I'd let off the throttle, and let me carry on my merry way, since there were no other cars for miles around.

Then, several years ago when those stupid movies made street racing seem cool, some kids in Ontario managed to get themselves killed while doing it. Shortly afterward, the provincial government got rid of their sensible speed law, and enacted a more draconian version instead. Now, driving 20kph over means several points on your license and $100s in fines, and if you go much faster than that, they have the right to confiscate your car on the spot and destroy it. So now, everyone's afraid to go much faster than 5 over, idiots clog the left lane doing exactly the speed limit, refusing to move, and it takes longer to get anywhere. This is all thanks to idiots who street race on public freeways.

ya. the majority of speed related accidents on ontario highways are street racing incidents.
get your facts straight.
is this the reason americans are so good at driving in the left lane at the speed limit?

wlfpck

Ready to race!
Just throwing this out there...

There's tons of videos on youtube where:

1. roads are empty.
2. Weather was perfect.
3. etc. etc.

In which 1 car spins out or something and crashes into another car. There's tons of variables. Hell, even on a track, there are videos where someone blows a tire and smashes into the person in the next lane.

Now.... on that note....

The drivers where you pass and then they get pissed you passed them... I get that. If you want to gun it and leave them in the dust so be it. Pretty sure most people on here have done that. But after you do that and you expect them to race? If you just left them in the dust, why would they want to race? It's like getting punched in the face, then going back up and asking to get kicked in the balls.

nate704

Go Kart Champion
Two weeks or so ago, I was getting paced by a new model modded sti, I slowed to drop to 2nd, he downshifted too, I think we are good to go, three honks I go all in, turns out he downshifted to slow down and take a right. I had a good laugh at my own expense.

haha good one!:D

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
I see this happen in every thread. The sub-forum is MK7 Vs.... if you do not want to read about races or potential races do not come in the sub-forum. I will give you one post where you can say if an action is irresponsible, next one is a warning followed by some sort of time determined ban. The bickering on this forum has to stop, I can cut down 99% of it by banning about 4 people and eventually i will.

CosmosMpower

Ready to race!
So, you encountered responsible people out in the world, in traffic no less, choosing to act responsibly.

I'm thinking my problem is that people will associate me with the likes of GTI owners such as you.

I must remember that the next time I go to Rhode Island. I will be sure to rent a car.

+1 be responsible, no street racing on public roads.

Mike-E

Go Kart Newbie
Yeah, the only dumbass here is you OP. And sadly it isn't brand specific. As an STI owner as well as owning a GTI, I see idiots like you are everywhere. In certain GTI's, STI's, WRX's,Type R's and apparently in every BMW and Audi ever created.

Sad really.

If you want to "race" or "run" take it to a drag strip or race track. You'll find plenty of people wanting to have a go.
Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

^^ This right here. NAISOC goes to great lengths to cut down on street racing. If OP wants to show his stuff, take it to a road course. NASA and the SCCA have great programs to get on a road course and get it on.

When I had them, I took my Subaru RS2.5 to the Nordschleife, my STI to Road Atlanta and the Tail of the Dragon, numerous times. I have also taken my Golf-R (current DD) to Atlanta Motorsports Park. I ignore douche bags that rev on the street. ETA: sometimes I just point and laugh.

Last edited:

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
I will give you one post where you can say if an action is irresponsible, next one is a warning followed by some sort of time determined ban.

Streetracing on public roads is fucking retarded and dangerous. You never know what will happen and there's always a chance of hurting someone else. Keep racing on the track.

Also, I would think it's funny no one will race OP but it makes me sad because I drive a GTI too which means OPs actions are making me look bad.

Also #2, I didn't realize adults use the word cuck :rolleyes:

vincevtr

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
sometimes i go out of my way to make it look like im not racing. ie "pretend" that i didnt see the light turn green,

van.delft.7

I see this happen in every thread. The sub-forum is MK7 Vs.... if you do not want to read about races or potential races do not come in the sub-forum. I will give you one post where you can say if an action is irresponsible, next one is a warning followed by some sort of time determined ban. The bickering on this forum has to stop, I can cut down 99% of it by banning about 4 people and eventually i will.
It's one thing to read about a Mk7 vs.... in a safe and controlled manner on a track of some sort, and a very other thing to read a person like OP endangering himself and others just to have a story to tell on the Mk7 vs... subforum.

Imo behavior like that shouldn't be encouraged. You see and hear plenty of (innocent) people getting hurt and/or killed because of people like OP. All you have to do is YouTube a couple mustang vs crowd videos for proof lol.

I like to read this subforum about reviews how the Mk7 vs... another car holds up. I.e. interior, MPG, power, and so on. Not just "racing" cars that are just cruising down the road.

OP, just because someone does 65 in the right line in a 40k STI with 5-10k in mods, doesn't make those mods useless. That someone might autocross or track RESPONSIBLY on the weekends. And would spank your behind 6 ways from Sunday in equal machinery on a road course.

Have some respect, and grow up.

My 2c.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.