GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Coming home lights on helix headlights (OBDELEVEN)

Royal1

Ready to race!
So I retrofitted my helix headlights to my 2017 GTI S and I really want coming home and leaving home lights when I unlock and lock my car. I want the U’s to light up when I unlock the car but I’m not sure how to code it or what app in obdeleven to use. Do I need a euro switch or anything? Any help would be appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mk5Dom

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2.0 TDI CRBC
Do you have the factory light sensor behind your rear view mirror?
If not, the most cost effective solution would be to install a retrofit kit like what USP offer: https://www.uspmotorsports.com/Ligh...ic-Headlight-Conversion-Kit-MK7-Golf-GTI.html

Once installed you'll have to do various coding with VCDS or OBDELEVEN.

Having said all of this...... I don't think you can code the 'U Shape' DRL's for coming home, its Main Beam or Fogs only.

Royal1

Ready to race!
Do you have the factory light sensor behind your rear view mirror?
If not, the most cost effective solution would be to install a retrofit kit like what USP offer: https://www.uspmotorsports.com/Ligh...ic-Headlight-Conversion-Kit-MK7-Golf-GTI.html

Once installed you'll have to do various coding with VCDS or OBDELEVEN.

Having said all of this...... I don't think you can code the 'U Shape' DRL's for coming home, its Main Beam or Fogs only.

Damn that sucks. I don’t really care about the fogs or main beam as much as the drl us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Yeah its only the main beams for CH/LH... that said, the aftermarket lighting sensor only works for turning the car's lights on. It does not allow for CH/LH. To make that work, you need the OEM rain/lighting sensor and your BCM needs to support coding for that.

You can make coming home lighting work by pulling back on the high beam stalk when the car is off and before you open the drivers door.