GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone do emissions in MD yet with downpipe?

Konnichi

When i purchased by 42DD catted downpipe last year, the company was out of las vegas and they said they were unable to get any of the GTI's to pass emissions with any of the aftermarket downpipes that have one cat or no cat.

Has anyone gone through emissions yet in Maryland on their GTI? I should be due for mine in the next fews months and wanted to know if i had anything to worry about.

juanthemower

MVA's have self test stations now. I wouldn't know if the GTI will pass, but I had a O2 spacer+downpipe on my last car and I passed at the self test station.

tripleS

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
15 GTI PP \ 16 GT4
I believe as long as you don't have a CEL, and no monitors in the "not ready" state (like if you just replaced the battery/reset the ECU), you'll pass*. I bet if you have an o2 spacer and are running without a CEL, you'll be fine.

*Not sure whatsoever if disabling the CEL, like most stage2 tunes, will fail the test since it counts as "not ready".

Konnichi

I have a spacer but when i do stage 2 I get a CEL for something like "air speed too slow" or something like that. It is pretty much the opposite of what the stock tune with downpipe CEL is. I think the spacer is made by griffin and has one of those mini cat things in it.

I wonder if i flash to factory and delete the CEL right before testing if i would have any problems.

zimmie2652

Ready to race!
I just did mine yesterday and passed. I have the hi flow cat from AWE however.

Konnichi

isn't awe one of the companies that like guarantees you to pass?

Also, did you go up factory tuned or with stg2 on the car?

Thanks

zimmie2652

Ready to race!
isn't awe one of the companies that like guarantees you to pass?

Also, did you go up factory tuned or with stg2 on the car?

Thanks

Sorry, forgot about this. Awe just guarantees you'll have no cel, nothing about emissions. I went with my st2 file.

Hopefully this thread isn't too dead. I'm in the market for a downpipe now and passing the MD emissions is a concern of mine as well. As mentioned above, it's my understanding that so long as you have no CEL and all monitors 'ready' you'll pass. Most tunes shutdown some monitors so that could cause a fail unless you go back to stock.

Once the warrenty is up I'm planning on going stage 2. I'm between either going catless and swapping the DP back to stock every couple years (flashing back to stock as well) or dropping the money on a catted pipe that can run stage 2 and pass with stock tune.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

zimmie2652

Ready to race!
Hopefully this thread isn't too dead. I'm in the market for a downpipe now and passing the MD emissions is a concern of mine as well. As mentioned above, it's my understanding that so long as you have no CEL and all monitors 'ready' you'll pass. Most tunes shutdown some monitors so that could cause a fail unless you go back to stock.

Once the warrenty is up I'm planning on going stage 2. I'm between either going catless and swapping the DP back to stock every couple years (flashing back to stock as well) or dropping the money on a catted pipe that can run stage 2 and pass with stock tune.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I'm not familiar with all the general specifics behind the emissions code. There's 2 great Mid Atlantic Facebook groups )Mid-Atlantic Driver's Club and NovaDubs), should be able to find out anything and everything from the guys there, if you don't get an answer here.

I'm not familiar with all the general specifics behind the emissions code. There's 2 great Mid Atlantic Facebook groups )Mid-Atlantic Driver's Club and NovaDubs), should be able to find out anything and everything from the guys there, if you don't get an answer here.
Thanks bud. I'll check these out on FB and see what I can find out.

Konnichi

OK guys just did emissions the other day. It took 2 years and 4 months to get my emissions paperwork BTW.

I went through the self test location in glen burnie and passed with flying colors. I left my 42dd downpipe on and i left my eurodyne stage 2+ high torque file in place.

I was super surprised it passed. Just shows you how big of a joke the emissions are around here.