GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Inspection equipment in MA

Misslauren82

Ready to race!
I'm trying.

Got flagged for MAC on the 30th. cause i forgot to switch to stock - but can't get through to them. Not even sure the MAC's exist anymore...

It's a huge train wreck at the moment. : )

Hoon

Autocross Champion
I'm trying.

Got flagged for MAC on the 30th. cause i forgot to switch to stock - but can't get through to them. Not even sure the MAC's exist anymore...

It's a huge train wreck at the moment. : )

My friends Evo just got flagged. The number they gave him goes to a voicemail with another number...both are invalid.

Leave it to the govt.

Side note, did you have a 135i at one point years ago?

Misslauren82

Ready to race!
My friends Evo just got flagged. The number they gave him goes to a voicemail with another number...both are invalid.

Leave it to the govt.

Side note, did you have a 135i at one point years ago?

Hehe yeah - the phone number is overloaded and just goes to a automated 'we are too busy with calls' message. The (844) 358-0135 one that is supposedly the new company.

And no I've never owned a 135.

Misslauren82

Ready to race!
What does this "flagged" mean?

It used to be pass/fail... I take it that's no longer the case if you have questionable mods?

Flagged for the Motorist Assistance Center. It's actually been this way in Mass for years and years.

Basically if your car fails emissions you get sent there - then they do a deeper check of your vehicle and let you know what you need to do for resolution. Then you go back and they remove the 'flag' in the state system and you go back for a re-inspection.

I just did this today actually - I told them i repaired the cat not supported issue (flashed to stock) they were like ok.. scanned my car were like you're good removed me from the state system and then i went back to where i originally got my sticker for a re-inspection and passed.

Hooray for being legal again... or something. : )