GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

ec2k1gt

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
17 Onyx White Golf R
Question for those that ordered from CARS245, how long did your lights sit at the USPS Jamaica NY distribution center prior to arriving at your doorstep?

Update: Lights showed up yesterday afternoon, just waiting on Jbale's harness.:D

Last edited:

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
Received my USP kit today. At first glance, which was quick, I didn’t see any coding instruction.

I’ll know for sure tomorrow but this would be the second time USP has dropped the ball with me in one week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG

JS82

Passed Driver's Ed
Received my USP kit today. At first glance, which was quick, I didn’t see any coding instruction.

I’ll know for sure tomorrow but this would be the second time USP has dropped the ball with me in one week.

In case you cannot get any coding instructions, there is an OBD Eleven app for the USP tail lights + harness.

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
Got my lights in and coded. All works well.

I am wondering though, is there a trigger wire needed in order to run rear fog lights? I know I had to install on in my Mk6.

Or is it a coding thing?

Please advise.

lijetta18t

Passed Driver's Ed
Got my lights in and coded. All works well.

I am wondering though, is there a trigger wire needed in order to run rear fog lights? I know I had to install on in my Mk6.

Or is it a coding thing?

Please advise.

If you have front fog lights, all you need is coding the front headlight switch to know the rear fog option is there. Pre-late 2017 models, this was handled by the long coding in the BCM. For post-late 2017 models with the new BCM, there is an adaption channel you need to adjust for this (I do not know off hand but I believe the channel starts with LDS_ and finishes with the german word for rear fog light).

If you do not have front fog lights, then you do need to run a wire from the headlight switch to the BCM. Ill have to look in my notes to figure that exact pinout.

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
If you have front fog lights, all you need is coding the front headlight switch to know the rear fog option is there. Pre-late 2017 models, this was handled by the long coding in the BCM. For post-late 2017 models with the new BCM, there is an adaption channel you need to adjust for this (I do not know off hand but I believe the channel starts with LDS_ and finishes with the german word for rear fog light).

If you do not have front fog lights, then you do need to run a wire from the headlight switch to the BCM. Ill have to look in my notes to figure that exact pinout.

I do have front fogs, and it’s a 2017. I will definitely check this out. Looking at the housing, there does appear to be a red led chip in there so it looks like the lights physically offer the rear fog.

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
I do have front fogs, and it’s a 2017. I will definitely check this out. Looking at the housing, there does appear to be a red led chip in there so it looks like the lights physically offer the rear fog.

Just check the part # and you'll know for sure. Both fog and non-fog versions look the same.

Left inner - 5G0945307P w/rear fog (5G0945307Q w/o rear fog)
Right inner - 5G0945308Q w/rear fog (5G0945308P w/o rear fog)

edit:

Also does anyone know the circumstances under which the lighting coding would be undone? Ie will changing a battery remove it or leaving battery unplugged?

Last edited:

comingabriel

Ready to race!
Wait, are you saying a line has to be run from the BCM to harness in order to get the rear fogs to work on jbales harness? This is not the case with the mk7 golf R ecode tails, why would it be with these lights? I know there is a settng using vagcom to activate rear fogs, but the coding should all you need, with jbales harness with dual fog light wires, unless I am wrong. I have not seen the instructions yet, ordered the harness though and they are enroute. Eitherway, I am going to have dual fogs, I did the row install last time, I can run one wire if need be this time from the bcm.

JBale

Ready to race!
Wait, are you saying a line has to be run from the BCM to harness in order to get the rear fogs to work on jbales harness? This is not the case with the mk7 golf R ecode tails, why would it be with these lights? I know there is a settng using vagcom to activate rear fogs, but the coding should all you need, with jbales harness with dual fog light wires, unless I am wrong. I have not seen the instructions yet, ordered the harness though and they are enroute. Eitherway, I am going to have dual fogs, I did the row install last time, I can run one wire if need be this time from the bcm.

It is just an issue with 1.8 golfs that did not come with front fogs. They do not have the wiring in place between the switch and the BCM to accommodate the rear fog.

amarq17

Now that JBale isn't making any more harness units until after 1/1/18, what is my best option for a quality harness with coding instructions.

IF I bought a second hand JBale harness for dual fogs and I have only have driver side fog, will that cause any issues with coding?