GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

0-60 in a manual

TrinivdubOG

Go Kart Newbie
I felt the same way when I was younger. But manuals were faster then because automatics were only 3 speeds. And DSG can be as much .6s faster, That's 6 car lengths. So "slightly" wouldn't be the word I'd use.

Here we go again, dude give it a rest. We understand your preference is DSG, that's fine. But some people prefer the manual, and this thread is for those that do.

SteveM3

Passed Driver's Ed
I felt the same way when I was younger. But manuals were faster then because automatics were only 3 speeds. And DSG can be as much .6s faster, That's 6 car lengths. So "slightly" wouldn't be the word I'd use.

I'm not sure which side of the "when I was younger" line I fit anymore. At 41 and running a German car shop I've driven just about everything new and old, plus I've been road racing for almost 20 years, the last 5 in M3's. Off the line and 1/4 mile traps really don't really interest me that much, I'm looking for engagement which is what the 6MT brings. If I want to paddle shift I can fire up iracing and get the same experience.

Also if I really need those other .6 I can just fire the tune of the day on it and run 330hp.

BTW 2018 R is ordered. Was lucky enough to secure one that is already on the boat. Our port is the first stop in North America so hoping to see it as an early Xmas present!

BostonMFC

Let’s keep this thread on track!!!!! I don’t care about dsg!!!

Thank you! Why come to a manual thread to bring up DSG and keep ruining the topic, literally any other thread on this site is more relevant. We are not stupid, we get DSG is faster and more efficient, but i would REALLY love to get some input from people with manuals on times, tips for launches, and general 1/4 mile and dyno numbers. It is already hard to get being so few of us out there, it makes it worse when people hijack every thread.

Never logged 0-60, but i am running 12.9 1/4 mile @ 110.39 on stage 1 APR with a crappy 2.077 60' in hot southern heat. Dyno'd AWD mustang dyno at 332 HP and 360 TRQ.

TrinivdubOG

Go Kart Newbie
Well today I installed the ecs bleeder block and clutch line, and it definitely improved launch response. I actually broke traction for the first time without having the car bog down. Very pleased with this mod.

spessx

Ready to race!
Thank you! Why come to a manual thread to bring up DSG and keep ruining the topic, literally any other thread on this site is more relevant. We are not stupid, we get DSG is faster and more efficient, but i would REALLY love to get some input from people with manuals on times, tips for launches, and general 1/4 mile and dyno numbers. It is already hard to get being so few of us out there, it makes it worse when people hijack every thread.

Never logged 0-60, but i am running 12.9 1/4 mile @ 110.39 on stage 1 APR with a crappy 2.077 60' in hot southern heat. Dyno'd AWD mustang dyno at 332 HP and 360 TRQ.

Nice run! Thanks for posting! What rpm did you launch at?

Golf7RR

Go Kart Newbie

Right on bro. I got 13.3 at 107 on stock tires and UM tune set to 29psi. FBO everything else. Forgot 60ft. Your 1/4 time and trap speed is excellent!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

warpspeedr

Passed Driver's Ed
With APR Stage 2 and all other supporting mods (which is what I have) on my manual, any additional power and torque would be superfluous unless I was a regular at the track (which I'm not). The manual in this configuration is definitely the way to go. This is the first car I've ever owned that I didn't lust for more power once I reached Stage 2.

tknj99

Ready to race!
With APR Stage 2 and all other supporting mods (which is what I have) on my manual, any additional power and torque would be superfluous unless I was a regular at the track (which I'm not). The manual in this configuration is definitely the way to go. This is the first car I've ever owned that I didn't lust for more power once I reached Stage 2.

That's pleasing to hear. I look forward to getting a downpipe and cranking up the JB to reach that stage 2 nirvana at some point as well.. something to look forward to :)