GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rattle/clicking during acceleration and random question

cased

Passed Driver's Ed
I just picked up my new 2017 GTI a little over a month ago, and I've noticed a strange rattle or clicking sound between 2k-3.5kish RPMs. I've looked around online, and I think it might be the wastegate rattle, but it doesn't sound like metal clicking, it sounds more plastic. Like a baseball card in a bicycle wheel. It's not constant, it comes and goes. Sometimes it doesn't happen, and sometimes it comes for a second and goes away, and then is back a second later. I've brought it to 2 dealerships that both say it's normal operation, which doesn't seem quite right to me.

I bought this car to learn to drive manual on, and I have another side question. I've started to push the car a bit more, and I've noticed when shifting at higher RPM (4k+), when I push down the clutch, I feel a bit of vibration. It feels like I can still feel something spinning as I push the clutch in. (Sorry for the not so mechanical explanation here.) My question is, is this normal because the RPMS are higher, so I can just feel it in the clutch? Or am I shifting wrong, or slipping the clutch or something? Basically, this is like the second manual car I've driven, and I want to make sure this is a normal feeling in the clutch pedal.

Any input on either would be great! Thanks!

cased

Passed Driver's Ed
I wouldn't say it's excessive, it just feels like I can feel something spinning when I push the clutch in. Much different then the feeling of shifting at lower RPMs.

cased

Passed Driver's Ed
A little update about the noise. After the 3rd time of bringing it to the dealership, they finally heard the noise I was talking about. They said they looked into it a bit and determined it was coming from the engine. They couldn't figure it out so they dropped the oil pan and they told me it had metal shavings in it. They called and said they need to replace the motor, the turbo, the fuel lines, and a few other things.

I bought this car in the middle of September, and it has 1400 miles on it. I don't like the idea that my brand new car already has to have this much work done to it. Should I try to have them buy it back from me, or see if they will let me get into a new car instead?

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
A little update about the noise. After the 3rd time of bringing it to the dealership, they finally heard the noise I was talking about. They said they looked into it a bit and determined it was coming from the engine. They couldn't figure it out so they dropped the oil pan and they told me it had metal shavings in it. They called and said they need to replace the motor, the turbo, the fuel lines, and a few other things.

I bought this car in the middle of September, and it has 1400 miles on it. I don't like the idea that my brand new car already has to have this much work done to it. Should I try to have them buy it back from me, or see if they will let me get into a new car instead?

Ask VWoA to get you in a new GTI

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
This is the second case of metal shavings below 5k miles right? What's going on?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

cased

Passed Driver's Ed
Another update, after 30 days of them looking into this issue, they informed me that they had to deny my request of taking me out of my vehicle. The case manager could not tell me why they have denied my request.

I tried to call VWoA again and they keep transferring me to the case manager who is basically telling me there is no appeal process or anything I can do.

Anyone have any advice or information?