GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Looking for some help!!

mkstan15

Ready to race!
Just a bit of background first. Car was purchased brand new in 9/2014. Car is 2015 GTI S w/ lighting package. Car tuned at 500 miles with APR stage 1. Turbo went boom at 13K replaced at my cost since I was tuned. Taken to mod friendly dealer that turned out to be not so mod friendly. Car currently remains APR stage 1 w/ catless DP. No other mods. Maintenence up to date. Now to the problem...

Today while driving my dashboard lit up like an xmas tree. First ABS error, then ECS, then TMPS, then ECS, and finally the Airbag error. Topping things off there is also and AFS error as well (fance headlight leveling and turning). I had this happen once before but it only flashed for a second and no codes where stored. After getting home I plugged in my VAGCOM tool and ran a fault scan. Lord have mercy it seems effed. Faults galore. Now my question is what should I do. My car currently has 72K and obviously no warranty. From what I gather all these systems just all shit the bed at once or something central is messed up. Ive tried searching to see if any ither have any of these issues and saw where it could be a ABS control module or a steering rack issue. Im trying to get my ducks in a row before taking it to a shop or dealership and loosing probably an arm and leg. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ive attached the logs. A lot of the systems seem like they can be reached. Just to reiterate, only mods are stage 1 and a DP. No VAGCOM mods no suspension mods, nada. Thanks in advance for the help!!

Attachments

• sundaylogs.txt
    16.2 KB · Views: 607

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
Have you try to clear all the faults and see if the same thing occurs?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
All of those lights can be caused by the Abs system. Check the big green 40A fuse in the underhood fuse box. If it's not that start looking at wiring and connectors for the abs sensors at the front hubs

mkstan15

Ready to race!
Have you try to clear all the faults and see if the same thing occurs?

Tried that. They came right back.

All of those lights can be caused by the Abs system. Check the big green 40A fuse in the underhood fuse box. If it's not that start looking at wiring and connectors for the abs sensors at the front hubs

Ill have to try that in the morning. Its dark out right now.

again thanks for the suggestions and help

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
Sounds like the battery is shitting the bed. From experience on earlier VW's (MK5 to be specific) it goes fast.

When the battery is dying all sorts of electrical gremlins and lights start going crazy on the dash. You are right at that age for a new battery. I'd start there first since it's illogical to think all those systems will fail at once.

Occam's Razor

Hoon

Autocross Champion
As odd as it sounds, when a bunch of major systems shit the bed, it's usually one small thing.

I've had it happen on a previous car with a bad ground wire.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
I had a MINI that was the same way when the battery was on the way out Xmas tree all over lol.
I hope that you get it sorted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nkresho

suck, squish, bang, blow
Car(s)
2022 Q3
I am happy to check you battery with a dmm if you want. I don't mind troubleshooting a bit. I'm off work for the rest of the week. PM me if you're interested. I'm in Wexford but have a bunch of running around to do the next few days, so i'll be around.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I am happy to check you battery with a dmm if you want. I don't mind troubleshooting a bit. I'm off work for the rest of the week. PM me if you're interested. I'm in Wexford but have a bunch of running around to do the next few days, so i'll be around.

Nice man! Always cool to see people offering up help.

mkstan15

Ready to race!
Sorry for the delay guys. Got super busy at work and haven't had a chance to post again. Found out the issue was indeed the battery. Had it checked at advance auto and it turns out guy who checked it had no idea what he was doing. Not sure how you can mess that up but who am I to judge. Thanks again for the offers to help. Thats the reason I love the VW community