GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie
Unfortunately it can't be done. The two lights are tied together on the circuit board in the tail light.

I think he means the long vertical bars that are on as running lights, having those blink as opposed to the turn indicators? Correct me if I'm wrong.

JBale

Ready to race!
I think he means the long vertical bars that are on as running lights, having those blink as opposed to the turn indicators? Correct me if I'm wrong.

yup, definitely read that wrong lol. The only down side to coding the running light portion to be a signal is the brightness. Even at 127 they are no where near as bright as the brake/signal set up.

byong

yup, definitely read that wrong lol. The only down side to coding the running light portion to be a signal is the brightness. Even at 127 they are no where near as bright as the brake/signal set up.

thanks for the response JBale and SK

don't you mind sharing the code if this is possible so I can try it out?

MiCrO7

I installed the mk7.5 tails and harness from DAP and I am getting an error that left brake lamp short / open to b+ any idea what this might be? I did not wire for rear fogs.

B133315 - Left brake lamp/turn signal bulb Open circuit/short circuit to B+
static

i did have to de pin and reconnect the left side connectors to replace the rubber boot i broke. But i am not sure its that. I get no light on the dash and everything works fine, i just see it when scanning. codded on obdeleven for old module

Last edited:

KOTJ

Im having some issues with setting up my tails. My inners aren't turning on at all, the left turn signal is doing the regular blink while the right turn signal is sequential like its supposed to, also when I brake the right outer doesn't come on but the left one does. Not sure if its the lights itself,the harness, or coding. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

I have the tails with fogs and I have JBale Harness/Coding.

Last edited:

Renck

Ready to race!
Im having some issues with setting up my tails. My inners aren't turning on at all, the left turn signal is doing the regular blink while the right turn signal is sequential like its supposed to, also when I brake the right outer doesn't come on but the left one does. Not sure if its the lights itself,the harness, or coding. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

I have the tails with fogs and I have JBale Harness/Coding.

Can you triple check the connections? I use JBale's harness and his coding without issues.

So, it might be something related with the pins and/or also check the coding. Finally, send a PM to JBale, I bet he will help you out to resolve the issue.

Good luck!

KOTJ

Can you triple check the connections? I use JBale's harness and his coding without issues.

So, it might be something related with the pins and/or also check the coding. Finally, send a PM to JBale, I bet he will help you out to resolve the issue.

Good luck!

It was definitely the pins. Needed to push them completely down. Thanks!

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
Great! So, what do you think. Aren't the 7.5 LED tail lights great?

My only issue is that I can't see them myself while driving.....:p

I like it when there's a super clean car behind me in the turning lane.. i can see the flowing orange in my rear view :D

There's a bunch of others in the Toronto area with these but haven't seen them in the wild yet.. Still waiting.

jimmyq

hi guys just thought id share if it helps anyone the guys who did mine a while back are offering to rear tail lights for £250 all in (your lights) i seen a post on their face book page just thought id share it here

kevinhledgister

I like it when there's a super clean car behind me in the turning lane.. i can see the flowing orange in my rear view :D

There's a bunch of others in the Toronto area with these but haven't seen them in the wild yet.. Still waiting.
I'm in Toronto and trying to figure out how to get these bought and installed. I'm not very good with diy stuff. Where did you get yours done?

Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk

kingkhan

Ready to race!
I'm in Toronto and trying to figure out how to get these bought and installed. I'm not very good with diy stuff. Where did you get yours done?

Best place to purchase tails would be listed on the first page. Either ecca or cars245.

There are a few options for the harnesses now that jbale has stopped making them. All are located on the front page.

To have it installed locally message the club Wolfsburg group on Facebook. Someone on there might be able to help you if you don't want to DIY.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

murtaza911

Ready to race!

I'm in London and ordered mine from Cars245. You'll end up paying duty fees so factor that into your price (I cant remember how much I paid, but it was definitely less than $100).

As for install, not sure. I did it my self not too hard. But join the ClubWolfsburg facebook group there are a few Toronto guys on there that have already installed the lights. I'm sure they could help or point you in the right direction.

danielmckendry

Ready to race!

My friend, this is a very easy DIY job, i never had a car or did any work on a car at all, until i got my mk7 in 2014, infact i was such a noob that i was even apprehensive about putting diesel in. But since then i've changed the tail lights and coded twice, changed the headlights, changed the wheels, changed the dash, did some vinyl wrap, wing mirror indicators, bulbs etc etc and this was all DIY and first time doing any of it. If i can do it, anyone can do it!
I always go in with the attitude of, if i fk it up, i can only blame myself, fortunately i haven't fkd anything up yet

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk