GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Helix install

sturgeon boy

Passed Driver's Ed
I’m going to be attempting to wire up my helix sub at the weekend
I have watched the YouTube videos and bought a trim removal kit it says to disconnect the battery first is there anything I need to do before or after that and do I need to remove both wires or just the positive ?
Cars a mk7 gtd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sturgeon boy

Passed Driver's Ed
been listening to the stereo with the helix installed for a few days now and i think its fair to say I'm not very impressed when i turn the volume up i get distortion through the speakers even though its not very loud
i have all the settings on the equaliser set at flat but theres not even that much base, i have a mk4 with a lot of stereo gear in it which has cost thousands so i knew it was never going to match that but I'm still disappointed.
i will get a loan of a dongle to see if it can improve it but i don't hold out much hope
anyone else been left flat with there helix ?

Predatorbird

Ready to race!
That will change after you code it with the dongle. Mine sounded like crap after I installed the helix sub and was left very underwhelmed. I noticed a big improvement in sound once I coded it.

ProjectDD

You need to get the dongle and program it. I was skeptical, but was pleasantly surprised at how much it improved sound quality.

sturgeon boy

Passed Driver's Ed
i really want to but the nearest one i can find is a 2 hour drive away so i'm still looking for someone a bit closer to the east coast of scotland

confusionhunter

I'm awaiting my mk7.5 and very interested in the Helix upgrade ( the bar box, not the wheel well one). I'm based near Edinburgh so would be interested in renting, or we can club together and get one potentially. Where is the one you did find?

confusionhunter

So.... After taking delivery of the mk7.5 I'm working out if the MIBIII nav system is somehow upgraded from MIBII in terms of speakers and amplifiers. It seems the consensus is the Hele addition is worthwhile but so far.... The std system seems pretty good and I'm not feeling the need to hunt out the bar subwoofer (wheel well one doesn't go in the GTE). Any one have a MIBIII after a MIBII to confirm or deny?

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
So.... After taking delivery of the mk7.5 I'm working out if the MIBIII nav system is somehow upgraded from MIBII in terms of speakers and amplifiers. It seems the consensus is the Hele addition is worthwhile but so far.... The std system seems pretty good and I'm not feeling the need to hunt out the bar subwoofer (wheel well one doesn't go in the GTE). Any one have a MIBIII after a MIBII to confirm or deny?

It's not an MIB3, it's an MIB2.5 ;-)
I have a GTE with the bar subwoofer, and it was a MAJOR improvement on the already good standard system.

Mark315

Passed Driver's Ed
I have a 7.5 GTD with the helix. Programmed to 56,

Great job

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
Still worth while you feel then? Mib2.5 it is! :D
Just got to find one now.

Very very worthwile! Just be sure to have it programmed.
Look for part number 000051419C, that's the bar.

000051419 = dealer demo button, to turn it on/off as a demonstration.
000051419A = programming dongle
000051419B = spare wheel shaped
000051419C = bar-shaped

sometimes they're also referred to as DKS051419