GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG acting strange

FeeldaR

Hi. My MK7 R have about 55.000 KM and DSG is going crazy. Don’t know how to explain so I posted link with video.

My foot was not on acceleration pedal, car was in 2nd gear and roling 7 km/h but RPMs are juming up and down by itself.
Can anyone explain this ? Is this “normal” DSG behavior?

Thanks

https://vimeo.com/239228191

FeeldaR

Yeah I know that this is not Ok behavior, that’s the reason I asked maybe someone already had this problem and know what’s causing it.
Thanks anyway

gaveup1

Passed Driver's Ed
I mean, you're coasting around at, what, 4mph right? Were you coming to a stop here?

Seems like the clutches are disengaging (going to neutral) and then reengaging once the car realized you were't coming to a stop, but instead wanted to crawl at 7kmph for whatever reason. This really isn't something you would do in a manual car (coast at 7kmph in 2nd gear) as it would most likely stall out.

Evil Minion

Ready to race!
I mean, you're coasting around at, what, 4mph right? Were you coming to a stop here?

Seems like the clutches are disengaging (going to neutral) and then reengaging once the car realized you were't coming to a stop, but instead wanted to crawl at 7kmph for whatever reason. This really isn't something you would do in a manual car (coast at 7kmph in 2nd gear) as it would most likely stall out.

Yeah, it looks like you were just confusing the transmission with the way you drive. Video is way too short to be able to tell anything else.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Make sure the O-ring on the oil dipstick is intact.

A trouble code may have been set for a lean condition. Get a scan.