GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to prep a just detailed car for new emblem/badge?

Defiler

Passed Driver's Ed
I just washed, polished and sealed (CarPro Reload) my R this past weekend and forgot to apply the APR emblem/badge after the wash.

What is the best way to prep the area for the badge? Do I need to strip the area, etc.? If so, whats the best product? Is there a household item I could use? I just don't want the badge falling off.

Thanks!

TorontoDUBBER

Ready to race!
Probably just use a bucket of water with a squirt of dish soap.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Use a little bit of rubbing alcohol to the area you're putting the badge.
If you're really paranoid, tape off the area where you want to put the badge & make sure it's centered and all that

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Rubbing alcohol or a polish/oil remover like CarPro Eraser would be all that is needed. The Reload shouldn't cause you any issues. If you just applied the Reload, machine is the only way you'g be able to get it off completely this soon after application, it's tough stuff.

There is a video on YouTube from CarPro demonstrating the new formula of Reload when in dropped in 2014. They hit it with all sorts of APCs, strip soaps, more APCs, multiple different caustic chemicals, and the beading never stopped.

That was the day I first ordered Reload, been a great relationship ever since lol.

Audog

Passed Driver's Ed
You could try a product Calle xenit made by Stoner chemicals, the invisible glass people. It will clean really well. Just wear gloves as it will take all the oil out of your skin and leave dry, rough hands. Oh and it smells good too