GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official VMR Wheels Thread

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
VMR 710 18x8.5 et35 235/40/18 (winter-sports; too early I know).

*stock suspension
** fender screw mod complete
*** Bilstein PSS on the way.

What tint percentage is that? I want something lighter and yours looks clean. My eyes do well with quite a bit of light.

Dig the wheel and tire setup.

Side Note/Late Edit: UroTuning has some killer sales on VMR Wheels right now. Scored a pair of V718s for spring/summer/fall. Super excited to pick out tires and actually put most if not all of the stock power to the pavement!

Last edited:

gilly123

My winter setup

VMR V710 in gunmetal. 18x8.5 et45
Wrapped on Michelin Xice 235/40/18

Loving the look.

normcaldwell

Go Kart Newbie

*stock suspension

My winter setup

VMR V710 in gunmetal. 18x8.5 et45
Wrapped on Michelin Xice 235/40/18

Loving the look.

Both setups look great! Functional for the weather, plus still looks good.
Winter in style . . . . .

terp_man

Passed Driver's Ed
What tint percentage is that? I want something lighter and yours looks clean. My eyes do well with quite a bit of light.

Dig the wheel and tire setup.

Side Note/Late Edit: UroTuning has some killer sales on VMR Wheels right now. Scored a pair of V718s for spring/summer/fall. Super excited to pick out tires and actually put most if not all of the stock power to the pavement!

Kept it VA legal limit. The strip really comes in handy on the beltway commute home.

Windshield strip 35%
Front 50%
Rear/Hatch 34%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

prozach626

Do the V810's 18x8.5 look silly on stock suspension?

Will they work with stock tires without looking stretched and still looking square?

Do they change the ride comfort or nimble feel 'at all??' I want this car to feel exactly like it does stock.

Last edited:

guitargator6

Ready to race!

Will they work with stock tires without looking stretched and still looking square?

Do they change the ride comfort or nimble feel 'at all??' I want this car to feel exactly like it does stock.

I’m getting a set put on Monday with stock suspension so I can report back. They will be on 235/40/18 tires. From what I understand there’d be a little stretch if you were to use stock tires, but nothing crazy.

minu94

Passed Driver's Ed
VMR710 painted in gloss black, 18x8.5 ET45, 225/40/18 tires, lowered on european Eibach ProKit. Will take some pictures in daylight

Attachments

• IMG_1232.jpg
    IMG_1232.jpg
    556.2 KB · Views: 1,748
  • IMG_1234.jpg
    IMG_1234.jpg
    568 KB · Views: 1,737
  • IMG_1235.jpg
    IMG_1235.jpg
    465.8 KB · Views: 1,757

guitargator6

Ready to race!

Just to follow up, here's 18 x 8.5 on stock ride height. I'm really happy with it

Universe51

*stock suspension

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have any side profile shots of both rear and front?

Anyone know how new colors are approved?

maxiyah

vmr v702 wrapped in 245/45/18x8.5 45et stock height with dcc so far no rub around town. havent seen too many of the 702's so here you go for an idea. helluva nicer ride on 18's and more rubber for these pot holed street of philly.

[/url][/IMG]
[/url] corundum aluminum oxide[/IMG]
just need tints but on the fence about being too dark. suburb cops are assholes when they want to be.

Last edited:

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Nice. Looks oem. Just need vw center caps.

Are you sure they're not 245/40?

And do you know how much they weigh?

maxiyah

dont know weight but they are 245/45.
im sure they're around stock weight but with more rubber its a softer ride and now i wont worry so much about philly roads. i also agree, looks very oem and subtle

Kyle204

Currently considering VMR 810's for my GTI. For the people that are using VW centercaps on the VMR wheels what have you been doing? Is there a centercap that fits or have you been using stickers over the VMR logo? Is the VMR logo just a thick sticker? Can it be removed and replaced with a similar VW one?