GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ZacR's Build Thread

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
So about a month ago I saw a company named Prodigy Werks looking for someone to sponsor/test out their new BBK for the MK7 MQB platform. After applying and talking to their rep I sent them my info hoping to get the chance at testing out their new kit. I was lucky enough to be giving the opportunity to do so. Fast forward to today and this showed up. Here are a quick couple pics but I will have a full video and review on these soon.

Everything seems to be very high quality and the packaging alone is fantastic. They included a set of their race pads which I'll put up against my G-loc R16 to compare. They are a true 6 pot caliper that are incredibly light. The rotors are also very light and also a 2 piece with aluminum hats. They also included all brackets and mounting hardware with new stainless steel lines.

I can't wait to get out the the track Saturday and test these out!

Full review to come.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

NICE!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Zacr811

Ready to race!
I haven’t updated in a long time. Sorry guys. So much has changed. I’m gonna write something up tonight and get back to updating this thread on a regular basis. If you follow my Instagram you would know but either way. Stay tuned!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Not sure where to start but here is a pic of the car that’s most up to date. It’s currently-30C here and I don’t drive this in the winter. So it’s parked until spring. Which gives me tons of time to build it up for the 2018 season.

I just test fit the APR GT250 wing. The risers and end plates are custom made by R Theory Motorsports and he is hoping to bring this to a production level. The spoiler has to be trimmed in order to fit which I have yet to complete. We are also working on a front splitter that should be competed in the next month.

I also picked up a wheel sponsor. Option Lab R716 will be what we’re running this season. 18x9.5 fronts and 18x8.5 rears. We will be fitting a 285 tire up front as well. I have yet to receive these wheels but they should be here by the end of January. More to come.

I have also been a long time supporter of DBV2. He has become a good friend and is also on board for the 2018 season. We will be running his hybrid turbo which is being built as you read this. The car should be making around 400 WHP easily. Super excited for this and to be working with DBV2.

That’s the big news and what is going on as we end the year. I’ll start to update again on the regular.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Been seeing the updates on insta, love the car especially that wing which is bonkers. Your car is making me want to pick up a gti for track duty vs some other better more expensive options.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Saw your thread on Vortex...I think? :cool:
Great !

Post up what that Prodigy Werks rotor weighs if you get a chance.
Thanks!

Good luck in '18!

Yeah I have a Build thread there as well. Rotors weigh in around 18 pounds per I think.

Thanks

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Finished the hood and fender vents. As well as the wing stands. All back from powder coating. Turned out great. Installing this Sunday.

Also the car has been away all week having this welded in. Bad pic since I only got a preview on Instagram...but here is a sneak peak.

I scooped this up for a steal. Always wanted one and after selling a ton of car parts I had lying around it covered the cost. AIM MXS Strada. This will be mounted in front of my dash and give me all the vital data I need. Has a GPS unit which will offer lap times, speed, gearing, RPM, etc. Shift lights and warning lights. Everything.

naivewhispers

Great build thread. Would you be able to post more photos of your new front bumper? Can I ask where you got it from? Looks awesome!

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Great build thread. Would you be able to post more photos of your new front bumper? Can I ask where you got it from? Looks awesome!

It’s the ECS kit. I don’t have any other pics right now sorry. I’ll have more soon. Thanks

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Picked up the car last night. Cage turned out amazing. Better pics soon

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Weather was nice so I got to work on the vents and installed the wing again with the painted hardware. Turned out great!

Fender vents being installed this weekend and I’ll be working on designing the front splitter.

If you look closely you will see the passenger seat it missing..sold my leathers to pay for another race seat. On order and should be here soon with harness’ as well. Stay tuned.

Couple more pics of the cage too.