GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stock MK7 GTI vs Nissan Maxima

Keefe

Passed Driver's Ed
So tonight on my way to the airport I had a Nissan Maxima come up behind me pretty fast and I was in a spirited driving mood (I was probably going 120km/h and he came and caught up to me). So we were going about the same speed for a few seconds next to each other, when I noticed he decided to step on it in an attempt to fly past me, so I decided to do the same. He got the jump on me as I didn't step on it until he had already, but I quickly passed him and stayed 1-2 car lengths ahead of him up until about 180km/h when I let off due to cars up ahead.

I have a feeling the guy was underestimating these cars stock as a maxima has a v6 with 300hp, and he just got beat by a car with 210hp from the factory. Anyways this makes me want to tune my car even more as I would love to see some reactions from people when they get beat by a stock looking car. I would imagine even a stage 1 tune on my car would've yielded a much bigger gap.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
I ran one when I was stock. He had an exhaust, no clue what else. Edged him out slightly.

Just a tune would change the equation dramatically.

Keefe

Passed Driver's Ed
hes probably thinking you have 10k under the hood

Yeah he seemed mad that he couldn't keep up with me and he got the jump on me. After I started slowing down because cars were coming up, he kept going and had to slam on his brakes cause of the traffic ahead lol

vincevtr

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Yeah he seemed mad that he couldn't keep up with me and he got the jump on me. After I started slowing down because cars were coming up, he kept going and had to slam on his brakes cause of the traffic ahead lol

lol wow what a sore loser, prob a "win" in his mind.