GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Why are we car people?

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
It's a great video. Explains car people and the enthusiast mindset really well, I thought. Who knows, maybe we're all wrong. Maybe the "a car is just transportation" people are right. But at least we have passion for our cars, and for driving. So I'm sure we're all OK with being wrong (even tho we are NOT!) ;)

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Great video.

I wouldn't drive more than 5 minutes to save $20 anymore.
The guy's using a brush to wash his car? Sacrilege!
Great anti-theft system - removable steering wheel!
Why are most of the cars shown Asian?

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
It's a great video. Explains car people and the enthusiast mindset really well, I thought. Who knows, maybe we're all wrong. Maybe the "a car is just transportation" people are right. But at least we have passion for our cars, and for driving. So I'm sure we're all OK with being wrong (even tho we are NOT!) ;)

If we are wrong, who cares! ;)

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Great video.

I wouldn't drive more than 5 minutes to save $20 anymore.
The guy's using a brush to wash his car? Sacrilege!
Great anti-theft system - removable steering wheel!
Why are most of the cars shown Asian?

I would say more of them get moded and the video maker likely travels this crowd. Just enjoy Fed!

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I found the answer........

Played it for my Wife.
......she said it still did not explain why I am a nut.

Being married has pretty much ruined being a car guy for me. I literally get bitched at for:

-Owing a Volkswagen
-modding my Volkswagen
-wanting more mods
-talking about mods
-regular maintenance (if it comes in the mail, it must be mods)
-going racing
-going to car shows
-talking about racing or car shows
-helping friends work on cars
-taking on sidework related to cars
-selling car parts with intentions of replacing them

...this was a lot longer, but I'm actually happy with my married life lol, just wanna go fast like Ricky Bobby and look cool doing it:p

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Being married has pretty much ruined being a car guy for me. I literally get bitched at for:

-Owing a Volkswagen
-modding my Volkswagen
-wanting more mods
-talking about mods
-regular maintenance (if it comes in the mail, it must be mods)
-going racing
-going to car shows
-talking about racing or car shows
-helping friends work on cars
-taking on sidework related to cars
-selling car parts with intentions of replacing them

...this was a lot longer, but I'm actually happy with my married life lol, just wanna go fast like Ricky Bobby and look cool doing it:p

A good Marriage is about compromise.
Wife and I have been married 27 years. Still have to give and take.
Do what you can and keep an acceptable budget.
I watch videos to fill the voids on car stuff.
So much on YouTube.
Would be fun to meet up with other and drive but short on time and live in the sticks with no other MK7's.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Our budget isn't an issue, she's just controlling lol

This forum is my only car fix outside of a few trips to Z max this year. The messed up thing is our first dates where: Yankee Lake Truck Night, took my Cummins wheeling, street racing my mk6 and the associated car meet, a dyno day competition, riding our dirt bikes at my track (yes, she has her own).

Fast forward and my ktm, Cummins, FBO mk6, quad...all gone. She's got a big dumb SUV and I'm down to a for the most part stock mk7. To be fair I've bought two houses since then and have zero debt outside of the house and car loans, but a little fun to supplement all the adult-ing would be nice. Advice to you younger guys (I'm pushing 27, lol) don't expect to do anything for yourself once you're married with kids.

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
Hey, squirrels are people, too. When you live in the sticks, you talk to all the animals. I know this from experience.

As for marriages, some conflict is supposed to be healthy, from what I read. I might have read fake news, who knows. But we know in our gut and heart if we have a good marriage or not, despite the issues. I have a good one, and I'm glad you guys have good ones, too. That is an achievement that seems to be increasingly rare these days.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Hey, squirrels are people, too. When you live in the sticks, you talk to all the animals. I know this from experience.

As for marriages, some conflict is supposed to be healthy, from what I read. I might have read fake news, who knows. But we know in our gut and heart if we have a good marriage or not, despite the issues. I have a good one, and I'm glad you guys have good ones, too. That is an achievement that seems to be increasingly rare these days.

Conflict - always gives you something to talk about.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
That sort of begins to explain all the squirrel pictures...

Amen brother. (Though I've got 10 years on you, lol.)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Someone have a problem with squirrels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
That is one Marvel character I didn't know about!