GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Discover Pro, Firmware Update.

Mk5Dom

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2.0 TDI CRBC
Hi all.

I have a Discover Pro MIB1 running HW H40 & SW 0095 and I have issues with the DAB screen disappearing (not signal) and the Driving Mode Selector just has a mind of its own.

I assume that a Firmware Update would fix these issues...
Having read numerous threads about people carrying this out themselves and failing (sometimes expensively) I'd be swaying to let my dealer do it.

Has anyone had this carried out by their dealer? Issue free?

I've been quoted around the £100 mark.

Cheers,
Dom

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
Is it under warranty still? It should be done free if it is.

Have you done a full reboot of the media system by pressing and holding the power button until the clock goes off?

Mk5Dom

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2.0 TDI CRBC
Hi Finglonga.

Yes, I've tried the soft reset/reboot to no avail.

The car is still under the 'Das Welt Auto' warranty. Am right to assume this would cover it?

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Hi Finglonga.

Yes, I've tried the soft reset/reboot to no avail.

The car is still under the 'Das Welt Auto' warranty. Am right to assume this would cover it?

Link to the Das WeltAuto warranty handbook below;

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/files/live/sites/vwuk/files/Used/Approved used warranty.pdf

The warranty is effectively an electrical and mechanical breakdown insurance. In the handbook, electrical and mechanical failure is defined as;

‘the sudden and unexpected failure of a component which is covered by the Das WeltAuto Warranty section of this cover and which needs immediate repair or replacement. Wear and tear is included for the first 100,000 miles from first registration of the covered vehicle under the Das WeltAuto Warranty section of this cover.’

Infotainment units are covered for ‘sudden and unexpected failure of components’ by virtue of the fact they’re not in the ‘what is not covered’ list of excluded items on page 12 of the handbook. So.......provided the problems you’re experiencing are considered by VW and the underwriters of the Das WeltAuto warranty to be caused by the ‘sudden and unexpected failure of a component’, then I’d say the warranty should cover it, although it’d be worth reading through the small print in the ‘Warranty Exclusions’ section on pages 13 and 14 to make sure none of these would apply to your claim.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
I doubt any good dealer is going to refuse but I would seriously be playing my face if they will not do a firmware update FOC after I has spent that much buying one of the dealers cars. It costs the dealer time to plug the car in, it is not as if they are ripping an engine apart. Speak to the manager if the warranty manager wont play ball then VW UK if that fails.