GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tire pressures for stock 19" conti

Chad13762

Go Kart Champion
For autocross, you probably want to increase pressure. Not really for better handling, but to keep the tires from rolling to the side and scrubbing the sidewalls and minimize wear on the shoulders. Get some white shoe polish, and make a mark from the tread to about an inch on the sidewall. After a run, see how far onto the sidewall the polish is scrubbed off, and increase pressure if you are going too far from the edge of the tire shoulders.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
For autocross, you probably want to increase pressure. Not really for better handling, but to keep the tires from rolling to the side and scrubbing the sidewalls and minimize wear on the shoulders. Get some white shoe polish, and make a mark from the tread to about an inch on the sidewall. After a run, see how far onto the sidewall the polish is scrubbed off, and increase pressure if you are going too far from the edge of the tire shoulders.
Not doing that gay autocross shit. Talking track day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Well that escalated quickly.

Yes, Auto-x is a happy thing to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chad13762

Go Kart Champion
Oh..ok. My bad. I should have totally known you were a pro doing track day on stock rubber.

uberpolka

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Not doing that gay autocross shit. Talking track day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

You do know auto cross is a legitimate sanctioned part of Motorsport.

Via the Wikipedia article , "As an entry-level motorsport it provides a stepping stone for drivers looking to move into other more competitive and possibly expensive forms of racing (such as rallying, rallycross and circuit racing)."

So, based on your initial question, Chad gave a great response.
Most serious road racers wouldn't need to ask about psi on stock tires.

He was being helpful and you came off looking very badly with both of your responses.

Since you won't do it, I will. Thank you Chad for the great reply!

ImolaR

Ready to race!
Ive started the day on the stock Conti's at 32psi and then check them hot after a stint. You don't want them over 40psi hot.

Remember to fill them back up at the end of the day!!