GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Why

maic

Passed Driver's Ed
Not sure if you notice this but I've driven some cars but when I press the gas just in normal driving it seems like the the rpm changes @2000rpm at almost all gear.I have the DSG. Is this normal for GTI with DSG? This is in normal mode. Of course its different if I floor it or use paddle shift.

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
The stock TCU tune of the DSG wants to rush to 6th gear when the transmission is in D (different shift points when the transmission is in S), so yes what you're experiencing is normal

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

ATX_MK7

S mode seems to hold until 3.5-4k rpm. I just manually shift when I'm not in my neighborhood or a parking lot.

Supposedly a TCU tune can fix this behavior, but warranty.

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
If you're flooring the gas pedal, S mode will go to red line iirc.

If you're in manual mode, you're not in D or S mode for the transmission; it's up to when you shift.

If you meant that you manually upshift while in D or S mode, then see below:

Those who drag race would likely have better experience of what the ideal shift point is for the DSG to get the fastest quarter mile. I've seen people say 5500 or 6200 (?) rpm because our IS20 turbo dies off up top.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Best thread title award right here

?

Jumpy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GTI Autobahn
What would be the optimal shift points, in your opinion? (Anyone can chime in)

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
What would be the optimal shift points, in your opinion? (Anyone can chime in)

What for, economy, acceleration?

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
What for, economy, acceleration?
Around 2200 would be best for economy. Mine shifts at 2300 ish and I can just barely feel it tip into boost before the shift. So just before there.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
The optimum shift points at wot is not at redline/rev limiter.

maic

Passed Driver's Ed
I would say the fastest way to accelerate is- put car in Sport mode, shift to sport, and use paddle shift. Rather than sport mode-shift to sport and use DSG. BTW traction control is off. Or it's the other way around.