GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OBDELEVEN live datalogging

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Not sure if this is known already but OBD11 can now do datalogging. Found out yesterday when I had to log some values for my tuner and he wasn't sure where to pull it from the Cobb AP so we used OBD11 instead.

Here is a youtube vid I found that kinda shows how to do the logging.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w818pgcE1-0

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Not sure if this is known already but OBD11 can now do datalogging. Found out yesterday when I had to log some values for my tuner and he wasn't sure where to pull it from the Cobb AP so we used OBD11 instead.

Here is a youtube vid I found that kinda shows how to do the logging.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w818pgcE1-0

Pac my man!

How is the refresh rate??

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Pac my man!

How is the refresh rate??

Not sure. Havent really played with it. Only logged idle and light cruising.

Crud_muffin

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e-Golf
Just tried out OBDeleven for the first time today. Impressed with how capable it is. Navigating takes getting used to. Would like see about somehow saving the "live data" values for later use.

jcarl126

Ready to race!
Big bump to this thread, does anyone know how to datalog with obdeleven? I just watched the video but cant see what he’s doing very well...

Hans

Ready to race!
Big bump to this thread, does anyone know how to datalog with obdeleven? I just watched the video but cant see what he’s doing very well...
I'm also bumping / resurrecting.

I just received my OBDeleven dongle and am stumbling through, frustratingly, the interface. I’ve been looking for videos, but like it’s been stated, they don’t reflect the current software release.

Primarily I’m interested in logging, and then getting the data file (csv?) to datazap.

Vargasturbotech

Ready to race!
I actually figured this out on my own last weekend when testing the spool on the new production turbo. It works very well. The logs I posted were taken from the OBD11.

For the guy above me its quite easy. Click live data, then click the parameter you want. Then click add value. You can add a bunch. Then top right is a little icon that looks like a line graph with points, click on that. Then click the play button, it starts recording those values, when you are done click stop, and you can export to CSV

Hans

Ready to race!
Cool; thanks. Will give it a try on the way home today.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Here is a screen shot of live logging.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Hans

Ready to race!
OK; I got it logged and saved, (progress!) but the csv is semicolon delimited, so datazap is choking on it...

Hans

Ready to race!
Got it. I had to:
  1. Open file in google sheets
  2. export to csv
  3. upload csv to datazap

I tried just renaming the gsheet extension to csv, but no luck. You have to export it for datazap to recognize it correctly.

Thanks all for the help!

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Bumping an old thread. Is there any way to log across different modules at the same time? Would love to log accelerator position and brake pressure... Have found both but they're different modules.