GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Burger Tuning JB4 Golf 1.8TSI MQB specific information thread

Josh64

Ready to race!
Anyone remember who it was making those AFR connectors to avoid puncturing the wire? I can't search any more I'm going cross eyed.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Dyno’d it.

149 is stock with air intake mods and 207 is with a JB4 on a map 6 with 17psi peak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
Oof, I almost forgot our cars can make as little as 149 whp stock... At least you know those dyno numbers definitely aren't inflated, and that is a true 207 whp. That's only 4 whp off APR stage 1 87 octane, so it looks like you're right about on target.

Steenbeek

Passed Driver's Ed
Dyno’d it.

149 is stock with air intake mods and 207 is with a JB4 on a map 6 with 17psi peak.

What are the map 6 settings?

Gesendet von meinem ZUK Z2121 mit Tapatalk

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Tplo’s settings.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
There were two Apr stage 2 GTIs that made 307whp. And is38 with stratified tune making 348 whp. I’m not sure if they posted the sheets on here.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
I was the only 1.8t yesterday.

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
Here's the Dyno results I got for my golf back when I was on the stage 1 APR 91 octane tune. Since then I've slotted in a downpipe, as well as installing an is20.

I'll probably wind up getting my car on the Dyno with the current setup early March.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

mattkime

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm planning my turbo upgrade (IS12 => IS20) and I'm curious to hear JB4 user experiences. How well does the DSG handle the extra power? I've heard great things about the APR TCU tunes but I'm not crazy about spending another $600. Would JB4 IS20 reveal flaws in the DSG?

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
I'm planning my turbo upgrade (IS12 => IS20) and I'm curious to hear JB4 user experiences. How well does the DSG handle the extra power? I've heard great things about the APR TCU tunes but I'm not crazy about spending another $600. Would JB4 IS20 reveal flaws in the DSG?

It should be the same DSG as the golf R, so no.

Steenbeek

Passed Driver's Ed
Next week I am going optimised is20 too. As soon as it is completed I will post something in the is20 installation guide. I will share experiences about fol settings, injectors, dyno, pictures and so on. I am hoping to get close to 300-310 bhp as it is no standard is20.

Gesendet von meinem ZUK Z2121 mit Tapatalk