GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LED lights in the UK

mawallace

Ready to race!
does anyone know of LED bulb suppliers in the UK where I can source compatible Golf LED bulbs? I can see lots of firm's overseas but it would cost a lot with duties etc to bring them in.

Also, are LED headlights legal in the UK?

Steven31327

Passed Driver's Ed
does anyone know of LED bulb suppliers in the UK where I can source compatible Golf LED bulbs? I can see lots of firm's overseas but it would cost a lot with duties etc to bring them in.

Also, are LED headlights legal in the UK?

Hey, yeah LED headlights are legal in the UK, as for a UK supplier, https://tps.trade/ - these guys tend to supply the dealers with parts, could contact them and see?

Alternatively look for someone breaking the same model as your car on ebay and providing they can prove the light unit works, see if you can negotiate a price for the unit, what lights exactly are you looking to replace?

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Hey, yeah LED headlights are legal in the UK, as for a UK supplier, https://tps.trade/ - these guys tend to supply the dealers with parts, could contact them and see?

Alternatively look for someone breaking the same model as your car on ebay and providing they can prove the light unit works, see if you can negotiate a price for the unit, what lights exactly are you looking to replace?

I think the OP is asking about LEDs in a bulb shape to fit into his normal halogen or xenon headlights...

not a complete led headlamp cluster unit...??

LED headlight bulbs..MOT regs have changed for May & a lot of the ultra bright retro fit not factory stuff will be affected..due to colour...& a lot of the stuff is not EC marked for road use..

IF you can find a crashed MK7.5 with LED headlamp units then fine...BUT ££££££

Steven31327

Passed Driver's Ed
I think the OP is asking about LEDs in a bulb shape to fit into his normal halogen or xenon headlights...

not a complete led headlamp cluster unit...??

LED headlight bulbs..MOT regs have changed for May & a lot of the ultra bright retro fit not factory stuff will be affected..due to colour...& a lot of the stuff is not EC marked for road use..

IF you can find a crashed MK7.5 with LED headlamp units then fine...BUT ££££££
Yeah wasn't too sure what OP was after, I've done loads of LED upgrades all over mine but they are all legal bulbs, correct colours etc