GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MIBII and Carplay iPhone nav voice level

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
MIBII on 2017 S. The first time I used Apple Carplay it was wonderful. I could listen to music turned way up, and it would soften as Siri pointed out Nav cues. Now, every time I plug my iPhone in, Siri's Nav volume is very soft compared to the music volume. I can't figure out how to separate the two. If I turn up the volume while listening to music and using Carplay/Apple nav, only the music volume goes up. What am I missing? Is there a setting on my iPhone that needs adjusting?

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
I’m sure there is a better way of doing it but the way that I know how is when the phone is talking you can adjust the volume for that. Once it’s done, volume controls now switch to general volume of the car.

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
I’m sure there is a better way of doing it but the way that I know how is when the phone is talking you can adjust the volume for that. Once it’s done, volume controls now switch to general volume of the car.

That makes sense. I wonder if that would apply equally during a phone call or a voice text.

I do know that adjusting the device volume before plugging into Carplay has no effect; the lightning connector mus bypass the phone's volume circuit, kind of like a line-out feature (which is good).

MEM GTI

Ready to race!
Yeah, making as adjustment while map directions, texts are being read or talking on phone have different volume levels. Just adjust them as Siri is speaking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
Yeah, making as adjustment while map directions, texts are being read or talking on phone have different volume levels. Just adjust them as Siri is speaking.

So here's a conundrum-- what if you lower the volume to zero while Siri is talking. Then you won't know when you'll have the next opportunity to turn Siri's volume up. Because you have to hear her (or him) in order to change her (or his) volume. There's got to be another way to toggle the volume functions between the car's head unit and an attached device.

MEM GTI

Ready to race!
On the center display thing web Siri speaks a different icon pops up with a volume bar. Set your maps to directions, look for they icon to pop up and hit volume up.

I think...

TQ_MKVII

Ready to race!
Since the day I bought my 2017 apple maps has NEVER lowered the music during voice cues. I started a whole thread about this and even went as far as having my dealership update to the latest FW.

Funny thing is, they gave me a new jetta as a loaner and apple maps worked just fine. Updated the FW and it still doesn't work for me.

Google maps works perfect. I just wish it would display on the screen like apple maps.

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
Since the day I bought my 2017 apple maps has NEVER lowered the music during voice cues. I started a whole thread about this and even went as far as having my dealership update to the latest FW.

Funny thing is, they gave me a new jetta as a loaner and apple maps worked just fine. Updated the FW and it still doesn't work for me.

Google maps works perfect. I just wish it would display on the screen like apple maps.

Apple products can have some weird quirks. My wife's iphone's volume works fine for all her apps, except for Maps. When she uses Maps (not on Carplay) Siri basically whispers, even with volume maxed. Google maps works fine. Clearly in her case it's a phone issue, and in your case it's a Carplay issue.