GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Faulty Injectors (replaced)

VW Golf 132

Passed Driver's Ed
I have a GOLF mk7 1.6 TDI

I had to get injectors replaced under warranty.

Thats how it started, had a car about 2 months and noticed that when i used to start it from cold, it shacked slightly at the start but then after couple of seconds it was grand.

As mileage went up on the car, the car started shacking even more and became more noticeable.

Then another fault followed it, it started to take few extra turns to start the engine, after which it shacked.

my car had 39,000 km and it used to take ages for it to start on a cold engine and when it eventually did start, car shacked a lot till i drove for couple of meters and then it was all grand again.

This fault wasnt there every time, could of happened few times in a row or the car could of started with half a turn of an engine.

All this time i kept going back to the garage to get this sorted, but the problem was that the computer never showed up any faults!!!

So the garage was telling my at the start that:
maybe engine is new and not broke in
then that they did software update
then to give it time and see if anyone else has the same fault
then another update and so on.

the car turned a year and i was tiered of it not starting right, so went into garage and said ill give them one more chance to try find a fault and if fault still wasnt found, that id be going to solicitor and will be looking for a new car.

they took my car for almost a month and connected diagnostic to the car when they were starting it from cold, it turned out that injectors were loosing pressure too soon i think,

The injectors were taking out of the brand new golf that they had there and it fixed the fault and car it started perfect now like it should be. my old injectors were put into the new golf to test the and that brand new golf did exact same, turning over and turning over but not starting.

So 2013 Golf 1.6 TDI had a faulty injectors, in case someone is experiencing the same problem.

vwman

Go Kart Champion
A useful forum post..

Must be great to have it running properly after all that aggravation.

VW Golf 132

Passed Driver's Ed
Sorry for a late update,

Fault came back like after 2 days and VW garage doesn't know what it is, and a VW engineer had to collect a car to see what's wrong with it.

He also came up that there is a fault in cylinder 2 but it's not an injectors, he needs to do now investigations as to what's wrong with it.

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Sorry for a late update,

Fault came back like after 2 days and VW garage doesn't know what it is, and a VW engineer had to collect a car to see what's wrong with it.

He also came up that there is a fault in cylinder 2 but it's not an injectors, he needs to do now investigations as to what's wrong with it.

Any further updates?