GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rev9 Exhaust

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I have exhaust wise: Rev9 w/200 cell cat, MagnaFlow res, oem catback otherwise. Yes it's pretty quiet. Anything other than a oem catback is obnoxiously loud and drones. Never had that with my old speed3 exhaust setup I meant. Why can't this exhaust sound sexy. [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

My set up along with others sound great with zero drone. Just any old muffler and resonator won’t do the trick. There’s tons of info on this on the forum if you search

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
Don't forget about the DSG sharts.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Travis9935

Ready to race!
My set up along with others sound great with zero drone. Just any old muffler and resonator won’t do the trick. There’s tons of info on this on the forum if you search
Don't Just search me! :p Obviously I've don't that and been on YouTube. They all sound the same. Tractor on roids doesn't sound good to me.[emoji39][emoji39][emoji39]

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Don't Just search me! :p Obviously I've don't that and been on YouTube. They all sound the same. Tractor on roids doesn't sound good to me.[emoji39][emoji39][emoji39]

Not the case at all, but hey to each their own who am I to judge what you think my car sounds like.

I agree, catless non resonated or inadequate resonator equipped mk7 sound terrible.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Update: I was bored scrolling through the FB page and found this for sale ad. These are 409 Stainless and rust. Hence part of the reason it’s cheap, they used cheap materials

post image

Not sure where that guy is located, but up here in the salt belt 300 series will show rust/corrosion by the end of one winter.

It does hold up better than 400 series (obviously) but there's no winning against salt...hence why I'll probably buy the rev 9 and add a vibrant resonator.

BronxBomber

Ready to race!
This! I am so let down by the terrible exhaust note of these cars. There’s no reason they should sound this bad. Plenty of other 2.0 and smaller turbo fours hat sound waaaaaay better. My 1.6 liter turbo Fiesta ST sounded great. THe 1.4 liter in the Fiat 500, the 1.5 liter turbo Civic sounds way better as well. It’s actually frustrating putting all this money into making your car look good and blow the doors off a lot of metal on the street only to sound like a John Deer. The halfway decent sounding exhausts are a small fortune for what is basically a sound mod and add very little to the bang for your buck proposition. Don’t know why it’s so hard to design a good sounding exhaust that I don’t have to get a second mortgage to afford.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Not sure where that guy is located, but up here in the salt belt 300 series will show rust/corrosion by the end of one winter.

It does hold up better than 400 series (obviously) but there's no winning against salt...hence why I'll probably buy the rev 9 and add a vibrant resonator.

I’m originally from Ohio and real 304L doesn’t corrode. For it to rust you’d have to way over heat it welding and burn the alloys out of it in the heat effected zone & or use improper filler material.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
I’m originally from Ohio and real 304L doesn’t corrode. For it to rust you’d have to way over heat it welding and burn the alloys out of it in the heat effected zone & or use improper filler material.

Sorry but that's wrong.

304SS absolutely corrodes in saline environments.

316SS withstands salt, but due to cost most people are not building exhausts from 316.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I grew up working in machine shops, and I’ve spent the last seven years in aviation where corrosion is prohibited. I can assure you three series Stainless does not rust. Find me one reputable source that says otherwise.

Last edited:

Travis9935

Ready to race!
Anyone have the new style? I suppose with dp it'll still sound tractor like..

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Hoon

Autocross Champion
If it's made from the same "304" as their down pipe I'd avoid it.

DP started off great, showed mild corrosion after the first winter, but after the second one it was completely rusted, to the point of little flakes coming off.

I'll still disagree with Jake about 304 showing mild corrosion in saline environments, but I certainly won't disagree about Rev 9 using lower grade stainless and calling it 304.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Looks like billy boat clone but with 2 smaller resonators. Should sound nicer and quieter then first version.

Travis9935

Ready to race!
If it's made from the same "304" as their down pipe I'd avoid it.

DP started off great, showed mild corrosion after the first winter, but after the second one it was completely rusted, to the point of little flakes coming off.

I'll still disagree with Jake about 304 showing mild corrosion in saline environments, but I certainly won't disagree about Rev 9 using lower grade stainless and calling it 304.
My ebay dp has gone through a winter and is going on 2 years old, it doesn't have any rust or corrosion on it what so ever. And they salt the roads here.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk