GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ATR's OEM plus 2017 GTI Sport

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Small update

So I went 4 body shops on Thursday. They all said it wasn't totaled. 1st body shop said that there was 8-12k in damage... But they wouldn't give me a written estimate. Sorry, you won't get my business without a estimate of what it will cost to fix. The other 3 shops were between $3k and $3500 which seems more in line with what I expected. Downside is that a significant amount of body work will need to be replaced. Much more than what was damaged. Car will also need to be in the shop for up to a month :(

On the plus side the Wagner intercooler came a week ago:

Attachments

• 20171219_224157-01.jpeg
    20171219_224157-01.jpeg
    161.6 KB · Views: 377

Navi

Autocross Champion
Is it only the passenger rear quarter panel and rear bumper? That's like $2500 max including alignment and 6 working days in the body shop. I had the exact same damage from a SEMI TRUCK lol. Find a better body shop that's not trying to rape you. Congrats on the intercooler though. I was on the fence between that and the IE intercooler. It was actually a hard decision but ended up getting IE. Just installed it last weekend. Curious to see how yours performs.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Is it only the passenger rear quarter panel and rear bumper? That's like $2500 max including alignment and 6 working days in the body shop. I had the exact same damage from a SEMI TRUCK lol. Find a better body shop that's not trying to rape you. Congrats on the intercooler though. I was on the fence between that and the IE intercooler. It was actually a hard decision but ended up getting IE. Just installed it last weekend. Curious to see how yours performs.
Well, it wasn't my fault so the other guy's insurance will be footing the bill. Was actually a County car that clipped my car. She turned just enough to avoid nailing me, but not enough to avoid side swiping my car. They should be able to take care of everything including the diminished value.

From what I can see it looks like it's just the rear quarter panel, bumper, and likely the euro tail light. Beyond that I'm not sure since I can't see what's below the bumper.

I'm certainly looking forward to seeing how stage 2 works out! I'd likely be there now if it wasn't for the unfortunate turn of events.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
how was the car driving after? Was the alignment out of whack? Driveable?

The way that the other car hit mine was that it only clipped the bumper and rear quarter panel. Doesn't look like it touched the wheel or suspension at all.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
For those still following the thread I finally got my car back from the body shop! :D

Now the bad news... This happened less than 10 minutes away from the body shop:

:eek:

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
damn dude....

Looked like a long pine branch hit the car. There was a bit of pine sap from the passenger side top of the hood all the way to the back of the spoiler. Roof has a small dent and a long scratch from the brach from the front to the back of the roof.

On the plus side it was only a brach and not a whole tree. Friday and Saturday were bad windy days here...
http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2018/03/02/tree-falls-on-cars/

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
I’m thinking about getting 034 engine and trans mounts. Are those still installed on you car and how are they holding up?

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
I’m thinking about getting 034 engine and trans mounts. Are those still installed on you car and how are they holding up?
Yep, they are still installed. And they are holding up very well too! Still gets my vote for engine/tranny mounts for a daily driver. Combine them with the HPA dogbone mount and it's sublime!

Updates:
My car was finally fixed up after a couple more weeks in the body shop.

The GTI sport has been treating me very well! Just did a Liquid Moly 5w40 oil change and will likely also do a brake fluid flush in short order as well.

I have a intercooler, clutch, downpipe, and wheels waiting to go into the car if I decide to keep it. I've been considering trading up to a Golf R for a while now. Just not 100% sure about it quite yet... Should know pretty soon which way this will go.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Small update...

Got some wheels to compliment the white...

I was never a fan of black wheels, but I found a good deal from a fellow forum member here. They included Michelin PSS so that alone was the selling point. This what what the car looked like when I saw it with the wheels for the first time. The contrast looks great! Touched up the picture to show more what it looks like in real life...

Just in case you son't know what the wheels are: Black 17" Neuspeed RSE05

Attachments

• 20180609_135537small.jpg
    20180609_135537small.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 265