GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Mods (interior & exterior modifications)


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Yesterday, 10:36 PM   #2364
JBale
Senior Member
 
JBale's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 GTI
Location: Alberta, Canada
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by monchhichi1998hk View Post
As a '18 golf owner, I'm interested to retrofit the outer tail to the euro lower line version to get the amber turn signal.
Anyone know if the harness required will be the same as the one with the dynamic blinker?

Thanks
The changes required to make the low line EU lights work on a '18 ( assuming face lifted) would me minimal in comparison to what mk7 owners are doing to make the dynamic lights work.

From what I've seen, you would be able to get away with swapping a couple pins at the outer connectors and making some changes to coding.
JBale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:30 AM   #2365
monchhichi1998hk
Junior Member
 
Drives: '15 GTI, '18 1.8T
Location: Toronto
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBale View Post
The changes required to make the low line EU lights work on a '18 ( assuming face lifted) would me minimal in comparison to what mk7 owners are doing to make the dynamic lights work.

From what I've seen, you would be able to get away with swapping a couple pins at the outer connectors and making some changes to coding.
I have seen the photos of the plug of EU low line version and the NA version, the EU low line version has the same plug as the dynamic one (in terms of outer tail)

Ahh wait do you mean no harness is required for changing low line NA to low line EU tail!?
Looking forward to hear more about this


Edit:be more specific

Last edited by monchhichi1998hk; Today at 08:40 AM.
monchhichi1998hk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:44 AM   #2366
crild
Senior Member
 
Drives: MK7 R
Location: WI
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by monchhichi1998hk View Post
I have seen the photos of the plug of EU low line version and the NA version, the EU low line version has the same plug as the dynamic one (in terms of outer tail)

Ahh wait do you mean no harness is required for changing low line version tail!?
Because it isnt dynamic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
crild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:30 AM   #2367
edconline
Junior Member
 
Drives: 2018 R
Location: Canada
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 1
Ok, time for this post finally!

I just installed the Euro Dynamic Tails on my 2018 MK 7.5 North American Golf R. The first facelifted one in North America to have the Euro dynamic tails installed and coded!

JBale built a harness for me and figured out the coding changes required for this to work. I can happily report that everything is working 100% correctly! The installation was very simple, and coding was extremely straightforward. I could not be happier with the product, or communication/service I received from JBale. I can't imagine why anyone would go elsewhere, honestly.

Here are some photos of the lights installed on my 7.5 North American R and a link to a video of the lights fully working. Also, please note I ordered the ones with no rear fog as I didn't want it.

Lights in Action:
https://youtu.be/UPx7G7VIWZg

Stock Tails for 2018 North American R's:


Euro Lights Installed:


Tails On:


Brake Lights:


Hazards (Showing Dynamic Function):


edconline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:40 PM   #2368
miked617
Senior Member
 
Drives: 16 VW GTI Autobahn PP,LP,DCC,DSG, JB4, K&N
Location: Boston, MA
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 327
Nice!!!!
miked617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:12 PM   #2369
KingKhan
Member
 
Drives: GTI
Location: Cambridge, ON
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 30
Is it possible to make the tails non dynamic for the hazards? I feel that it might be safer to have solid bar vs a dynamic light for 4 way flashers

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
KingKhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:53 PM   #2370
JBale
Senior Member
 
JBale's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 GTI
Location: Alberta, Canada
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKhan View Post
Is it possible to make the tails non dynamic for the hazards? I feel that it might be safer to have solid bar vs a dynamic light for 4 way flashers

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Yup, this has been done before.
JBale is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.