GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Long Island Dealers

cW6mT mKviGTi

Ready to race!
Recently got the GTi back from Riverheadbay VW. While they did give me a loaner the service itself was a joke.

They couldn't hear the sunroof and the service advisor told me even if they did hear that something was wrong with the sunroof they would not be able to fix it because my squeaks and rattle warranty has expired. I got VWOA involved and i have a case number. I'm gonna be taking it to another dealer, the question is which dealer to use.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

bennybmn

Ready to race!
I just realized I haven't been on here since my lube comment... luckily still no trips to the dealer for me, but I put spacers on my car this weekend. Different length bolts front and back. I hope they don't screw that up at a rotation...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navi

Autocross Champion
Anyone have luck getting an oil change with a lowered car at the dealer? I got my car at huntington and they threw in the first 3 services. Only thing is that my car has a lot of mods now... Still contemplating on going. I usually wrench on my own car bc I’m very particular but.. free oil change is tempting. The other thing is that I usually put my car in valet mode with the cobb AP bc I know the service guys will want to rip the car once they hear how loud it is, since that’s what most gear heads would do. Would they automatically TD1 it from that alone, or is that only done if they hook it up for diagnotics. (Which I think they might do regardless). Still a little confused about this.

cW6mT mKviGTi

Ready to race!
If you have a cobb AP flash you'll trigger a TD1 if they plug into your ECU for diagnostics. Just for an oil change though, i would advise against a dealer visit.

Oil changes aren't expensive especially if you buy your oil from Wal-Mart and you get an oil filter and drain plug from ECS or another online source.

In my opinion peace of mind for me weighs more than losing out on about $180 in oil changes. If you take your car to the dealer and god forbid they damage something, abuse it, etc. you'll regret it more than thinking of a few free oil changes.

cW6mT mKviGTi

Ready to race!
Currently at VW Huntington. Hopefully they can figure out the sunroof issue.