GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Long Island Dealers

LukeGTI1

Passed Driver's Ed
All you Long Islanders, what dealer do you use to service your car? Looked at reviews of mine and they aren't great..

bdegen94

Ready to race!
I use riverhead when Im on the island. If you wanna use a Euro shop try Elite Motorsports.

NYGator

Similar question. Which Service Dept @ local VW dealership on LI would you recommend? Riverhead is not local but 60 miles east of me. Anyone else make visits, positive experiences with a service department? Service Adviser & Techs Names' referral would be greatly appreciated.

LukeGTI1

Passed Driver's Ed
Elite motorsports is who I go to now. However just wanted to know of ppls opinions on vw dealers who wouldn't stress you if you're modded.

Rcode

Go Kart Champion
I used to use Atlantic vw in West Islip for my stage 2 GTI. They knew I was modded and never had an issue with warranty work. Knowing there are no free services now, I'll be doing them myself. I'd have no issue bringing my car there for warranty work though.

Sc6988

I bought my gti about a month ago from vw huntington. After purchasing i asked my salesman about modding the car and being a problem with warranty. All he said was you should become friendly with some members of the service department. So im thinking they are not mod friendly but i do not know.

ben_m1

Passed Driver's Ed
Yea no idea if their Mod friendly, I'm stock so its irrelevant anyway. Of all the dealers I've been to over the years for my various cars they are def one of the friendlier/cleaner shops.

plus they have donuts :)

Rcode

Go Kart Champion
That can't be with synthetic oil. They'd be losing money on every oil change. If I'm wrong though I'll be trying that out haha. If you're modding your mk7 I'd definitely use Atlantic.

Edit: Also, I can hook you up with vagcom tweaks if you're interested. Did a forum members mk7 GTI the other week.

Sc6988

Is your GTI tuned and Atlantic is okay with that?

Thank you for the offer I am still new to VW so I am not sure what I would even want to change yet.

Thank you:)

ben_m1

Passed Driver's Ed
It's synthetic. Probably viewed as a loss leader to drum up extra business. I have a coupon book if you guys want. $20 oil change, $70 for 4wheel alignment

Rcode

Go Kart Champion
Is your GTI tuned and Atlantic is okay with that?

Thank you for the offer I am still new to VW so I am not sure what I would even want to change yet.

Thank you:)
My mk6 GTI was stage 2 and they did not care at all. I'm still stock on my R but that won't last much longer.

Sc6988

That's awesome. I won't need a oil change for a while though Ben. Where did you get the coupon book?

I'm still stock too. I'm leaning towards the jb1 i think