GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2018 Golf R MK7.5 - US Release

Jumpy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GTI Autobahn
So, I would say that if you don't care about the new bigger infotainment screen in the center dash and the new digital gauge cluster, then a 17 with a good discount might be a good choice.

So today I visited my local VW dealer to test drive a 17 R with DSG. I told them I really want an 18, but I would consider the 17 with a good discount.

The best they could do was 43k (including taxes) out the door. And it had 500 miles on it. So yeah, no. I'm officially waiting for the 18.

I'm a little surprised they couldn't do better on the last day of the month (ok 2nd to last day), but I think 17 Rs are starting to run thin. The one I tested is apparently the last one anywhere in my area.

What do you all think will be the price for an 18 R? If it's too much, I'll go with an 18 GTI.

Last edited:

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
I went to my local vw dealership yesterday to see if they had any Rs in stock. Nope, nothing at all.

Looking to possibly trade up to a R if I can make the numbers work. I'm definitely going to play hardball with the dealerships no matter what.

admiralackbar

Passed Driver's Ed
Unlike most other cars, US and Canadian MSRP pricing has been exactly the same for the R in the past years (making it a hell of a deal up here). Here is the Canadian pricing for 2018 from a dealer on vortex, should give you a good idea:

We have pricing and other relevant new information!

MY 2018 vs. MY 2017:
- New exterior / interior refined design elements to provide a more powerful and fun-to-drive impression
- Latest infotainment system with large touch screen for ease of use
- Host of innovative safety systems to help keep you and everyone around you safe

2018 Golf R:
• Signature LED DRL’s / LED headlights / LED taillights
• Start/Stop technology
• 19” Pretoria wheels
• MIB2 8.0” touchscreen radio
• Volkswagen Digital Cockpit
• New Driver assistance package
• Special Colour program –includes 30 additional special colours at extra cost

2018 Golf R 6-spd manual MSRP $42,065 (2017 MSRP $ 40,695)
2018 Golf R DSG MSRP $43,465 (2017 MSRP $ 42,095)

Driver Assistance Package $1,550 (2017 Tech Package $1,945)

Last edited:

Supercup

Passed Driver's Ed
I am waiting for one and as of last Friday my dealer told me they are still waiting to get the 2018 official order guide and for the window to open to place orders, so we can order a 2018. They are expecting it will come in the next few weeks and the first cars will come in November.

Until then I wait!

Mr. Creasy1

Passed Driver's Ed
I am waiting for one and as of last Friday my dealer told me they are still waiting to get the 2018 official order guide and for the window to open to place orders, so we can order a 2018. They are expecting it will come in the next few weeks and the first cars will come in November.

Until then I wait!

My dealer also mentioned that they should have the ability to order and more information within the next few weeks. I am between a MY 2018 R or Audi A4

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
2017 S3 it's being advertised to run 21/28mpg but articles mention an all new Quattro awd system that sends more torque to the rear wheels so I'm guessing something akin to the S4 awd system used in the past.

My bad, I thought you were referring to power capacity. Look for the gear ratios for the ROW's, that will be a good indication. I'm guessing 2-3 more MPG.