GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sunroof sun shade

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
I believe it's under A/C, Byte 12, and has an option for Hot Counties.

My AC seems to work fine. What's the difference? Is it dangerous?

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
It's for owners who want their interiors to cool off faster on a hot day.

I'll try it out haha. It has hit the 90's lately

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
I'll try it out haha. It has hit the 90's lately

Keep in mind that your fuel economy could decline, Don (DV52) touched on this particular setting somewhere in the forum.
My AC works well in the NYC heat so no need for me to change anything but there are hotter places so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
Keep in mind that your fuel economy could decline, Don (DV52) touched on this particular setting somewhere in the forum.
My AC works well in the NYC heat so no need for me to change anything but there are hotter places so.

Sure, fuel economy could decline, but by some microscopic amount, methinks, based on what this setting does.

My R came set to "hot country" at delivery, but our (former) '15 TDI did not. I changed it to the hot setting, but it made no noticeable difference at all - in cooling or fuel economy.

SD11

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI SE DSG
In San Diego and had a pretty warm summer and car was able to stay cool on the hottest days. That said, sure couldn't hurt the program if you tinted rhe roof unless you value the opacity Of the roof when it's closed.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Sure, fuel economy could decline, but by some microscopic amount, methinks, based on what this setting does.

My R came set to "hot country" at delivery, but our (former) '15 TDI did not. I changed it to the hot setting, but it made no noticeable difference at all - in cooling or fuel economy.

Mine too, yet some Florida owners say their cars did not. I never saw documentation for what it does. One member said it increases the angle of the swash plate (his words were something like increases the strokes of the pistons). Could also increase the speed of the fan(s). Someone would need to log those values in both modes to see. And they might be only temporary, until the cabin reaches a certain temperature.

I think the biggest contributors to heat are color, sunroof, and the way the A/C is made. MK7's seem to insulate the lines to the evaporator better.

If you have delayed cooling, one of the top reasons is a malfunctioning compressor control valve. About a $100 part (at least a few years ago) but hundreds in labor since you need to drain the refrigerant, and I believe you need to remove the compressor from the car to get to the valve.