GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Piano Black or Silver Mirror Caps?

Which mirror caps do you prefer?

• Total voters

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie
Ah. Even the decent looking knockoffs are over 100. Would probably just bite the bullet and get them from DAP to guarantee the quality at that point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably a solid plan. Nothing beats OEM for fit and finish

supesgolfr

Ready to race!
Sorry to thread resurrect but for some reason I only noticed that the RoW Golf R came with silver caps - I thought the silver caps were just aftermarket options. So I googled about it and came here.

My 2c is that the piano black suits the rest of the car the most. The grille is black with a silver line accent and the turn signal glass on the black mirror caps looks consistent with the "silver line on black" backing look of the grille.

The height of the mirror caps also aligns with the piano black B-pillar so especially if you have tinted windows the black mirror caps are appropriate for the placement of the mirror with the rest of the car. The fact that large accents on the car are in piano black with sparse additions of silver line accents makes piano black mirror caps the more consistent integrated design.

Plus "black" has overtaken "platinum" to signify the best. Eg. American Express Black cards, AMG Black series, etc.

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
The only complaint I have with the black, is that it stains immediately with dead bugs. I’d think the brushed aluminum, real or painted, would hold up better, show less obviously. Black looks better the brushed aluminum looks better as the miles pile up and the car ages. My black ones are all swirled up, common on any gloss black, and show a few spots which were obviously dead bug juices eating into the clear. Anyway just what I’ve noticed after 9 months and 9000 miles on my 17R and a year and a half and 7000 miles on my 16R.

Al_in_Philly

Autocross Newbie
And some people like strawberry ice cream better than chocolate. You can have silver mirrors if you like silver mirrors and black ones if that's your fancy. Please let this very old thread die.