GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

When is the REFRESHED 2018 Golf/GTI available stateside?

Jumpy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GTI Autobahn
Pure White
Deep Black Pearl
Platinium Grey Metallic
Dark Iron Blue Metallic
Tornado Red
White Silver Metallic

The Canadian order guide has been posted here :
http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31132

I thought I would like the Dark Iron Blue, but...I unfortunately don't. Carbon Steel Gray and Night Blue were both better, tbh. Looks like I'm going with Deep Black.

I wish the GTI had a bright blue option like the R's Lapiz Blue. I was really set on getting a blue car this time (after driving a red one for 12 years), but I also like how the GTI's red detail contrasts with a black paintjob.

Damn, you got your ordering guide back in May? Still waiting for ours...

Last edited:

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
^This

One of the biggest things that bugged me when I got my R was the fact that there are no incentives on an R and negotiation was minimal. I was able to get a couple thousand off and that was a stretch. It annoys me that they offer 0.9% for basically every car they make except the R, especially considering the Toureg is more expensive than the R but even that gets 0.9% if you qualify.

They know what they have and they use it to their advantage. With that being said, when the 18 R's come out they will be selling at or over MSRP. Once things settle down they will drop but personally I don't see that happening for a little while.

Subsidized Finance Rates are another form of discount.

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Is there no ordering info available in the US yet? Dealers don't have a clue what comes with the car other than what's written on the order guide.

wantone

Ready to race!
I've asked a couple different dealers around teh us and they don't know

Didn't someone mention here or another GTI site they were in the ports already? I highly doubt that. Not sure what they were talking about. Can't see them sitting there with no other info out there about them or even an order guide.

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Didn't someone mention here or another GTI site they were in the ports already? I highly doubt that. Not sure what they were talking about. Can't see them sitting there with no other info out there about them or even an order guide.
I remembered this post on another thread: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?p=492415

Idk where crild got those pics from, but it's definitely NAR spec since RoW GTIs get the dynamic turn signal tall lights.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

...and if it is, will Night Blue still be available?
I don't know if US will get Atlantic Blue Metallic, which is the successor of Night Blue, but it looks like this:

Jumpy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GTI Autobahn
I was just looking at the South Africa VW website last night and saw that Atlantic Blue. That is very nice. How could they not bring that to the US? Every car should have a blue option (and Dark Iron Blue doesn't count because it's more gray).

wantone

Ready to race!
I was just looking at the South Africa VW website last night and saw that Atlantic Blue. That is very nice. How could they not bring that to the US? Every car should have a blue option (and Dark Iron Blue doesn't count because it's more gray).

Damn that Atlantic Blue is nice! What's funny is the GTI ads like on Facebook and elsewhere online I see I guess are indeed the Dark Iron Blue now that I've seen it. I never knew what that color was as it's obviously not available in the US. I'd take that as well in a heartbeat.

Jumpy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GTI Autobahn
Today I received an email from my local VW dealer about their upcoming 2018 Tiguan launch party... Hopefully that means the 2018 Golfs should be arriving soon.

Jumpy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GTI Autobahn
Maybe we'll get some news this week. We're officially in Q4 2017

Montoya fan

Passed Driver's Ed
Spoke to my local dealer and he called his regional guy and the cars aren’t even on the able to order list and the regional said that we may not see anything until March. I was listening to them talk on speakerphone. This is from a dealer in Dayton Ohio.