GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OBDELEVEN

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
I did try and go through the app.

I ordered the "Pro" code last night. I'm going to do the long method.
Good job, trust me whether the app had worked or not, sooner or later you'll end up doing something manually then you'd kick yourself for paying for an app because of how easy it really is

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

ATX_MK7

Ran across this on the Facebook page: https://drivetribe.com/p/performance-vcds-tweaks-Dky7b-PTQpqIwVFrasMoeA?iid=OvVc7MlbRbOavQVrjekHpw

- 32 Lock Electronics
- Adaptation
- Acoustic measure, wiring logic
- Change from 'standard' to 'increased traction'

THEN, perform the diff clutches reset procedure:
- Car must be running, with trans temps over 100F, in park (or neutral for 6MT)
- 32 Lock Electronics
- Basic Settings
- Resetting of all adaptation values

I just got back from a quick drive, and the diff does feel like it comes on faster and with more bite. I didn't get a chance to do any higher speed stuff, but it does feel improved at low speeds. We may have a winner! Curious what others think of the change...

I did the diff clutches reset procedure the other day, so the changes I've noticed would not be attributable to that vs. changing the setting to 'increased traction'. Unless that is, the improvement is just all in my head!

Now the question is, does the Clubsport's diff have any different maintenance guidelines vs. the US spec performance pack cars?

I was attempting this today, and got "incorrect message length or invalid format" when attempting to do the reset?

Does anyone have any insight? I have a '17 Sport DSG

ATX_MK7

Follow up. I did it again today, because I realized the car was in 'Custom', and thought maybe that was keeping the reset from happening.

So I went for a drive today, put the car in 'Normal', did the adaptation, attempted the reset, but got the same errror. After attempting the reset, I backed out of the driveway, and immediately noticed a difference!

I guess the reset isn't necessary, and maybe it is for the haldex used for 4wd?

VWGT1

Ready to race!
Hello everyone,
I was wondering if it is possible to enable static cornering lights to enable with high beams? Because I am doing lots of driving in the woods and could do more with added side visibility?
I have the LP package. Thanks

gtigod

Passed Driver's Ed
I was attempting this today, and got "incorrect message length or invalid format" when attempting to do the reset?

Does anyone have any insight? I have a '17 Sport DSG

This is a mod that may or may not serve you well. I'm of the opinion that something that increases friction is bad and that's exactly what this setting does from the factory. It applies the brakes to the inside wheels in a turn which makes you slower. It's benefit is that for noob drivers, they get an improvement in control if they don't know how to drive.

Hotfart

Ready to race!
This is a mod that may or may not serve you well. I'm of the opinion that something that increases friction is bad and that's exactly what this setting does from the factory. It applies the brakes to the inside wheels in a turn which makes you slower. It's benefit is that for noob drivers, they get an improvement in control if they don't know how to drive.

I believe you're thinking of XDS, which is a different thing from the VAQ diff "increased traction" coding.

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R

XDS allows torque transfer from one wheel to another, and can help the front tuck in at the same time. Show me the pedal that does that for drivers who know how to drive? It keeps understeer in check at faster cornering speeds than would otherwise be possible. It's basically a poor man's mechanical dif.

Last edited:

Lorenas

I have been going through possible features and marked Tyre Pressure Monitor feature in Dash Board Long Coding. After this I got yellow lamp on the dashboard (on rpm gauge) with TPMS sign. Once you switch a key in ignition you get it blinging (like looking for sensors) and after it shines constantly. I get dashboard trouble codes U101400 - Control module incorrectly coded and U112100 - Databus missing message static. These codes like faulty module are shown after car fault scan but can not be reset. I have tried to restore TPMS feature to disable position but no result. I think I have a backup of the system. Should I try to restore it? Should I try to reset hard (soft reset not allowed)? Should I try other options like manual coding? Should I apply to VAG dealer? Thanks for the answers.

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
I have been going through possible features and marked Tyre Pressure Monitor feature in Dash Board Long Coding. After this I got yellow lamp on the dashboard (on rpm gauge) with TPMS sign. Once you switch a key in ignition you get it blinging (like looking for sensors) and after it shines constantly. I get dashboard trouble codes U101400 - Control module incorrectly coded and U112100 - Databus missing message static. These codes like faulty module are shown after car fault scan but can not be reset. I have tried to restore TPMS feature to disable position but no result. I think I have a backup of the system. Should I try to restore it? Should I try to reset hard (soft reset not allowed)? Should I try other options like manual coding? Should I apply to VAG dealer? Thanks for the answers.

Lorenas: hmm........enabling TPMS is a little more involved than just setting Byte 4, Bit 0 in the dashboard module.

I've not done this tweak, but I understand that the following changes are also required:
Information Control Unit 1 (@ address hex5F)

Search for "Vehicle function list BAP"
Select "tire_pressure_system_0x07" and set to "active"
Select "tire_pressure_system_0x07_msg_bus" and set to "Suspension data bus"

Search for "Vehicle menu operation"
Select "menu_display_rdk " and set to "active"
Select "menu_display_rdk_over_threshold_high" and set to "active"

Brakes 1 (@ address hex03)
For EU+ mk7 vehicles, set Byte 27 Bits 4,5,6
Set Byte 28, Bit 7 to enable TPMS through the CAN bus

As I say, I've not tried this tweak
Don

Baker1

I’ve been searching for a couple hours now and I can’t find the coding for drl tail lights. I don’t want Scandinavian lights, just the tail lights. Is it possible?

idris

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 MK7
I’ve been searching for a couple hours now and I can’t find the coding for drl tail lights. I don’t want Scandinavian lights, just the tail lights. Is it possible?

I've been meaning to do this myself. What would the difference be from the Scandinavian lights and just tail lights on all the time?

Baker1

I've been meaning to do this myself. What would the difference be from the Scandinavian lights and just tail lights on all the time?

Scandinavian lights activate parking lights and dash lights.

I coded my car for fog lights only as drl. And I would like to activate the tail lights.

Reichter

I have enabled the exhaust flaps in my MY15 Golf R and no matter what mode i am in, or what setting i choose in obdeleven, they always stay open. I can do the open and close output test on both sides and that works fine, but that's the only time they open and close. Is there something else i could do or setting i could look at to see why they're permanently open?