Aggressive wheel fitment thread/stance

njavier03

Ready to race!
Typically, 225s are for 7-8.5" wheels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LI_GTI_Guy

Ready to race!
Hi all,
Am in a dilemma after reading through 22 pages.

Thinking of fitting Enkei NT03RR in 18x9 +45. Will there be any rubbing issues if I stay at stock height or even slightly lowered ?

And I plan to mount them with stock 225/40 rubber. Will it then be too stretched ? How about if I upsize to 235/40. Will it then create another set of issues regards to rubbing?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I tried the stock Pirellis on my 18x8.5 and they were pretty damn stretched. The stock tires are really meant for a 7.5" wheel. The tread width on the stock Pirellis are 7.5" so any wheel wider than 7.5" will have some stretch. I wouldn't even think about trying them on a 9" wheel IMO. Every tire is a little different.... the tread width being a pretty important number to take note of.

njavier03

Ready to race!
I tried the stock Pirellis on my 18x8.5 and they were pretty damn stretched. The stock tires are really meant for a 7.5" wheel. The tread width on the stock Pirellis are 7.5" so any wheel wider than 7.5" will have some stretch. I wouldn't even think about trying them on a 9" wheel IMO. Every tire is a little different.... the tread width being a pretty important number to take note of.

Bingo. My stock tires were the Hankooks and they were a little bit stretched over my 8.5s. I then switched to 235s after about 30k miles.

beastmode16

Hi, I have a 2015 Sportwagen TDI

Was thinking of buying a set of staggered VMR 810s front 19×8.5 et45 and rear 19×9.5 et45. I'm lowered on H&R sport springs (not super sports), I know the front will fit fine, I'm just worried about the rears. Anyone know if they'll fit?

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Hi, I have a 2015 Sportwagen TDI

Was thinking of buying a set of staggered VMR 810s front 19×8.5 et45 and rear 19×9.5 et45. I'm lowered on H&R sport springs (not super sports), I know the front will fit fine, I'm just worried about the rears. Anyone know if they'll fit?
It will be tight. I'm running almost the same setup, but 9" in rear. The gap between the tire and spring is pretty small. Plus, your rear wheels will stick out more than the fronts, which IMO, will look silly. 8.5 up front with 9 in the rear looks even all around.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

beastmode16

It will be tight. I'm running almost the same setup, but 9" in rear. The gap between the tire and spring is pretty small. Plus, your rear wheels will stick out more than the fronts, which IMO, will look silly. 8.5 up front with 9 in the rear looks even all around.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Awesome, thanks. What size tire are you running on the 9" wide?

theohdolphillus

Passed Driver's Ed
just lowered my car on some bc racing extreme lows

wheels look waaay sunken in, would yall recommend 5mm or 10mm spacers, I'm not looking to go entirely flush b/c i kind of dig the tucked look

spiker369

on air, don't care
just lowered my car on some bc racing extreme lows

wheels look waaay sunken in, would yall recommend 5mm or 10mm spacers, I'm not looking to go entirely flush b/c i kind of dig the tucked look

I'd recommend wheels and tires. Adding spacers with the stock tires that low you're just asking to pull out your front fenders. Now if you need new tires anyways but cant afford new wheels, go with a mild stretch so you can space out the wheels and still clear the fenders while turning without any problems. Just my $0.02.

NissanTDI

My TDI with custom drilled XXR 536 18x9 32et and 205/40 Achillies tires

Attachments

• IMG_0414.JPG
    IMG_0414.JPG
    671.6 KB · Views: 3,145
  • IMG_0472.JPG
    IMG_0472.JPG
    577.4 KB · Views: 2,580
  • IMG_0464.JPG
    IMG_0464.JPG
    544.3 KB · Views: 2,426
Last edited:

dReAdLoK

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm going through ideas for wheels now and got it narrowed down to 18x8.5 & 18x9.5, both et35. I'll be doing KSport coils as well. My main concern is the rubbing/knocking I could get with the 9.5, along with steering radius. I know 9.5 are extreme width for our cars, but with the rear end, I just think it looks sexy af. Def don't want staggered. So basically, would it be better to go with 8.5 wide and not have too mush hassle with fitment? Or, would the 9.5 actually work pretty well, especially up front, without too much extra work for proper fitment? Also, anyone know what the best size tire for these would be, depending on width? Thanks for any feedback on this.

madface1

Go Kart Newbie
My cousin’s gti, same setup I’m running on the R. BC coils, 19x9 BC Forged wheels with 265/30s all around