GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Car ramps

slider09

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi guys

Looking to get some ramps for my Golf R.

Does anyone have the Rhino plastic ramps?

Wondered if the angle was shallow enough to stop the front bumper catching?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dah90

Ready to race!
The rhino ramps will be too steep for you to go up on without rubbing. If you are wanting to use ramps I would highly recommend that you use raceramps. The are more costly than thin ramps and the like, but they stick to the ground better and the incline is small enough that even a corvette can go up them without rubbing.

jibbajoe

Passed Driver's Ed
I couldn't get my front wheels onto rhino ramps without using a 2x10 in front of it. It was no big deal though and honestly worth the hassle over buying $150 race ramps.

I can back up onto the rhino ramps no problem. Front only hits by like 1inch so its easily overcome with a piece of wood.

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
I use Rhinos and I am lowered about an inch with VWR springs. You have to position the ramps close to the tire and then give them a kick or two to force them to and contacting the tire. So like most automotive mechanic jobs it takes some finesse. I have to do the same thing with the BMW E90 with its sports suspension.... place, kick in, drive up.

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
I have the harbor freight plastic ramps and they work great if your car isn't lowered. It also depends on the level of the driveway, but some times the bottom plastic trim on the bumper will touch the ramps a little, but nothing crazy to damage anything or put force on when you're driving up.