GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

buck890

Passed Driver's Ed

So went out last night, first log i've done with these settings on map6.

1500-2.0
2000-3.0
2500-3.5
3000-4.0
3500-4.5
4000-5.5
4500-6.0
5000-6.5
5500-7.0
6000-6.5
6500-5.5
7000-5.0

Why is it that it gets timing pull in 3rd but not 4th and 5th?

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
This is kind of what I was getting at in my earlier post. Has to be apples to apples to know which one is really best for you. I thought mine liked absolute better just because I was a 1.8. I then checked with one of my friends who is a gti, and he said absolute works better for him too. He is pushing pretty high boost and then he additive didn't work well. Again, not saying absolute is better, just saying you have to put them on the same boost level to compare what your car likes best

That LOAD button is really awesome for seeing at a glance what you are actually asking the car to do. It's one thing to ask for 20psi at 5k when it's 90 degrees out and entirely different when it's 40 degrees out.

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie

So went out last night, first log i've done with these settings on map6.

1500-2.0
2000-3.0
2500-3.5
3000-4.0
3500-4.5
4000-5.5
4500-6.0
5000-6.5
5500-7.0
6000-6.5
6500-5.5
7000-5.0

Why is it that it gets timing pull in 3rd but not 4th and 5th?

load it to datazap.me and post it here

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
That LOAD button is really awesome for seeing at a glance what you are actually asking the car to do. It's one thing to ask for 20psi at 5k when it's 90 degrees out and entirely different when it's 40 degrees out.
That's a really good piece of insight... 20 psi being completely different depending on temp.

I don't trust myself as much as I do the ECU. I'll stick with additive and let the car figure out the baseline.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
That's a really good piece of insight... 20 psi being completely different depending on temp.

I don't trust myself as much as I do the ECU. I'll stick with additive and let the car figure out the baseline.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Your absolute settings at say 5766 rpm were asking for 9.9psi above ECU (AKA Load). Your additive at that RPM is 7.9 on your other log (AKA Target). As long as you don't change it to 10.0 at 5500 using additive it will be a happy camper. Your additive settings look good right where they are.

euroadb

Go Kart Champion
So I have a USP catted downpipe coming next week which I'm excited about.

I have been running map 2 with 93 oct pretty much the whole time thus far. Can I just throw on the downpipe and expect the ECU to adjust and get the full typical power gains? Or am I missing out by not tuning for the downpipe specifically?

I would love to run map 6 but I don't really have the time (with work and all) or a safe area to do pulls and datalogging.

On a related note, has there been any progress on the CEL delete feature for those with downpipes, or any other cool firmware updates? Just haven't had time to go on the forums lately..

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
So I have a USP catted downpipe coming next week which I'm excited about.

I have been running map 2 with 93 oct pretty much the whole time thus far. Can I just throw on the downpipe and expect the ECU to adjust and get the full typical power gains? Or am I missing out by not tuning for the downpipe specifically?

I would love to run map 6 but I don't really have the time (with work and all) or a safe area to do pulls and datalogging.

On a related note, has there been any progress on the CEL delete feature for those with downpipes, or any other cool firmware updates? Just haven't had time to go on the forums lately..

Yes, it will adapt without changing anything.

Set Future Use D to 90 for autoclear.

euroadb

Go Kart Champion
Yes, it will adapt without changing anything
Thanks good to know. So that's like approx another 30 hp? Or am I being too optimistic?

Set Future Use D to 90 for autoclear.
Do I need to update the firmware? Or was this feature always here and just labeled as "future use"? :D
Anyway, does this clear ALL codes, or only the secondary O2 code? Because I still want to know when other problems arise.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Thanks good to know. So that's like approx another 30 hp? Or am I being too optimistic?

Do I need to update the firmware? Or was this feature always here and just labeled as "future use"? :D
Anyway, does this clear ALL codes, or only the secondary O2 code? Because I still want to know when other problems arise.

Probably more like 20.

No firmware upgrade. There is no new firmware so don't be like that other guy that flashed BMW firmware and now has to send his unit in to BMS.

Yes, downside is it clears everything.

railroader

Autocross Newbie

railroader

Autocross Newbie